URGENT! HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO DO A GOOD DEED!

Doug Van Duser, long time member and a good friend to many had a horrible car accicdent on his way back home to Charlotte after the 75th Anniversary Meet. He has many broken bones and other problems as a result of a tangle with a tractor trailer. Doug is a member of the National Awards Judging team and as loyal a AACA member as there is.

Doug Van Duser’s latest info:

Carolinas Specialty Hospital - Mercy

2001 Vail Avenue

Room 7027

Charlotte, N. C. 28207

PLEASE SEND HIM A CARD TODAY!!!

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
MOVED TO A NEW HOSPITAL (see edit history)

Guest South_paw

The hospital offers email services,

E-mail a Patient

We know you are thinking about your loved one under our hospital care. That's why we have developed the "Get Well Soon E-Mail" program. To get started, send us an e-mail that includes your loved one's name and get-well wishes (please do not include sensitive or confidential information in your message). Our Guest Services volunteers will hand carry the message to your loved one as quickly as possible. guestservices@carilion.com

Here's the link to the Hospital website

Guest Services - Carilion Clinic

Please read Steve's message...

It is very important and I can attest to the results to get an AACA "Family" member back on their feet. Believe me "It Works".

Doug..."Hang in there. You have more people thinking about you than you know."

.....It is very important and I can attest to the results to get an AACA "Family" member back on their feet. Believe me "It Works". .....

New members might not know how ill you were a couple of years ago. Hopefully we can rally around Doug now as we did you then and get him healed and home soon.

I am currently in Idaho on vacation but will find and send a get well card to Doug.

Update, I found a great car themed card at the local Rite Aid and mailed it from beautiful McCall, Idaho.

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

First of all, thanks for the news about the hospital email service, I did not know that feature existed. I did know that Doug personally does not use the internet.

I was not on the forum last night but obviously there were some posts made and deleted by moderators. I never meant to see any controversy here, just to see us do a good deed for a good friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

:) Hey,I just saw this tonight.I was involved in a drag racing accident 20 years ago,i received cards from all over the country and even got one from Big Daddy himself Don Garlits.Think about it for a minute....People you don't even know take time out of their day to wish you well,it don't get any better than that, it absolutely means the world and mine will go out in the AM.diz Edited by DizzyDale (see edit history)

I sent a photo of one of my 1931 Dodge Brothers business coupes along with the card. You folks were so very helpful when my son had an accident in Japan that I feel like the least I can do is to send an AACA member good wishes. If only I could do more than just express my feelings. John

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I lucked out today and found not one but three great cards with real photos of antique vehicles. One is of a very old Ford four-door car with snow on it and two with old trucks, one a Dodge and the other one I can't tell as the photo was taken from the rear and the tailgate is gone. All are abandoned somewhere in Colorado.

I will hopefully be able to get one out tomorrow. Finding a place to mail cards is a trick when you are driving a '35 RV with a car behind it. :eek: :D

Hopefully they will forward the cards that have been mailed. I just mailed one this morning from Stratton, Colorado. If not hopefully they will return it to our address so that I can re-send it when I get home.

Thanks for the heads up and I will be looking for the new address. :)

Steve,

Perhaps there is a member close to the first hospital who could make arrangements with the hospital to pick up any cards received after the move, in a week or so, and put them into a large envelope and mail them on to the second hospital?

Steve,

Thanks for the updated information. Will use it for future cards that I bought while on vacation. I hope he enjoys the beautiful photos on them (real photos attached to the cards) taken in Colorado.

I am sure that any that are returned will be re-mailed by the senders. I know that I will. :)

Imagine my surprise :eek: when we picked up our mail today at the Post Office, there was a very nice "Thank you for thinking of me" card from Doug. There he is seriously hurt, lying in a hospital out of town and he sent that to Bill and I.

Proof positive that the cards, photos and notes are reaching him and he enjoys and appreciates them. :) Let's keep them on their way to this wonderful man.

• 3 months later...