My New Baby Blue '50 pics

oldwood

• 2 weeks later...

I got home from NJ to Little Rock with my New Baby Blue this morning at 5am after vacationing/trailering home the car. I got it running today and motor sounds good but it has a bad fuel pump. So I removed carpet and scraped floor pans and found a couple quarter size holes. But over all it will be a great daily driver. I found registration papers from 1982-2004. I also found a membership list from 1986 Buick Club Of America; Jersey Shore Chapter. Does anyone remember this car?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the complements. I'm still working out the bugs(periodic sticking valve) but over all I'm really enjoying it. I installed a tissue holder in it this week to have another option. This car is so cool as the older gentleman who use to own this car and drove it to Carlisle in the 80's made sure everything worked except the clock and radio. I'm taking it to the Petit Jean Mountain car show and swap meet this weekend(Sept.17-19) and take the tour of the car museum that Winthrop Rockefeller built. So if your in Arkansas this coming weekend come on up and say hello.

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to update my post. I got a call 2 weeks ago from a movie company here in Little Rock looking for cars 1953 and older. The title of the movie is: "The Last Ride". It's about the last few days of Hank Williams Sr life driving around in a 1953 Cadillac Conv. My 1950 Buick was used in 4 days of the shoot. They also used my 1951 Buick 4dr Super. The movie won't be released until the end of the year or early 2011. No oscar for me but maybe for my car.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...