I all about our prices going up BUT

D-a-n-i-e-l

Two years ago I paid $17,500 for my 1990 convertible. The odometer just turned 30,000 miles the last time I had it out. It is all orginal except for tires & battery. Sounds like a lot of money but I love the car and if anybody derserves it, I do. It's not one of those purchases you have to cost justify. Makes driving a mini van every day bearable when I think my real car is a Red Reatta converible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: re-reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance a moderator could step in here and make a suggestion, one way or the other, concerning THEHKP7M13's signature line? While I do agree that it is a little large, I wouldn't want any Reatta owner to feel unwelcome on this site. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"? </div></div>Click the "Notify" button below any of the posts and I think the chances will be very good that he will.

Guest CL_Reatta

Gentlemen,I know I am not usually the one to say this, but lets go back to the respectful group of people we are. It seems that Jason (THEHKP7M13) has merely stated a opinion a little abruptly, but that does not mean that Randy needs to come in just as harsh, fire is not fought with fire. Might I suggest that this thread be closed before it gets any more out of hand. I would like to also add into the request to have Jason lower the size of his caprice pic, as it is very very large, but I will not abruptly be like a few others have on this thread and YELL at him to, that is quite out of hand, and am quite surprised at who actually acted in that way. There was a point in time, which I did not own a reatta (and technically still dont, along with many other members here) but does that mean I should not be allowed here anymore? This board is for ENTHUSIASTS as well. Lets stay respectful.

In my opinion all are welcome. Anyone can post and should. If one doesn't care for a post or the person who posted just ignore it/them. Over time there will be compliance or that person will go away.

Going forward I will choose to ignore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to also add into the request to have Jason lower the size of his caprice pic, as it is very very large, but I will not abruptly be like a few others have on this thread and YELL at him to, that is quite out of hand, and am quite surprised at who actually acted in that way.</div></div>CL, my complaint is not with just this thread. The large photo is disrupting every thread he posts in. I yelled because I want the large photo to go away and I want to support others who feel the same way. I have requested him to resize the photo on a couple of occasions on other threads and he apparently does not care how annoying the photo is. I don't care if it is his first car, second car, a Corvette or a Reatta. It is just too big and annoying. If it is not changed soon, my photo in my signature line will be just as big or bigger.

Guest CL_Reatta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It is just too big and annoying. If it is not changed soon, my photo in my signature line will be just as big or bigger. </div></div>

HAHA, I can see a day soon where this battle between the photo's begins, and we sill soon have a page per poster due to the large signature pics. But yes I agree, especially when I view this forum on my Apple clamshell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL_Reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It is just too big and annoying. If it is not changed soon, my photo in my signature line will be just as big or bigger. </div></div>

HAHA, I can see a day soon where this battle between the photo's begins, and we sill soon have a page per poster due to the large signature pics. But yes I agree, especially when I view this forum on my Apple clamshell </div></div>The battle has already begun. Have you not noticed manikmekanik's photo of Black Beauty in his signature line? He is just waiting for reinforcements. grin.gif

Seriously, the large photo is hurting people on a slow connection and there is no reason for it.

Folks, I've had 2 complaints about this thread, one you need to be nice, and second you need to make your pictures smaller, so all can read these posts. maybe look at your avatar and making more like mine that takes some work, but it doesn't take up space in the Forum. We need to get along, and be civil with each other, life is too short to be stupid, sorry, but it's time again to get a leash on things here, you all are too smart to be stupid. THANKS. RV

Guest Richard D

Quite frankly I am not that concerned what my Reatta will be worth in xx years. I bought it to enjoy and drive now, not keep parked in a garage. I might feel different if it was a 91 convertible with 50 miles on the clock.

Guest steveskyhawk

I agree with Randy's line of thinking. If you had any money in the stock market last year; you now have about 2/3 of what you had. The selling prices of Reatta have followed a similar curve. Cars can be an investment that can go up or down. However; at least you can see/touch and drive these investments and to me that is called a "dividend" in finance language.

The crux of this "value" arguement is about condition. A high mile car from the rust belt is destine for the crusher. These are the cars that grace ebay and craigs list. Not to say that these publications do not contain some nice cars as well. The 1500 dollar rust bucket probably will never appreciate. Pristine corrosion free cars may appreciate. How much is a subjective arguement. Anybody that believes that the complicated electrical system in these cars is not damaged by corrosion is kidding themselves. I have seen Reatta that had corrosion so severe that it was a structural issue; yet there were no rust holes in the body. The bodies were double galvanized remember? In other words the potential value of an 18-21 year old Reatta is predicated on (1)where it was operated (2) how much it was operated (3) who it was operated by (4) how it was stored (5)and maintained. Most of this was established prior to our purchase.

I conclude that value of a comodity is purely subjective as Randy demonstrates with the available quantity of cars exactly like his. If you want a black and red 91 convertible you will be required to pay a premium as it should be. The value of a car like his is not remotely related to a rust bucket on ebay operated in a harsh climate. In the future lets be realistic and not compare the apples to the oranges. More accurately the grapes to the rasins.

How did you do that, padgett? Your slideshow thumbnail is cooool! How many cars can it store?

I like your Silhouette, I have a dark blue '95, w/3800 & power door. My dogs love the power door, and it's low leap-in height. I love it's capabilities, with a hitch, great 3800 fuel economy, tinted glass, and a rockin' GM tunebox. The only feature I miss is power rear windows, were they available for '95?

• 4 months later...

I know I do alot of mdifing, but I really would love to have an original in the garage. I know that will not happen for quite some time. So knowing that Jay Leneo has a couple of these beauties already I sent him tha link to to the car that I started this thread with. He will probably not even see the email, but I would like to see this car in the hands of some one that will enjoy the it and loves rare cars.

Guest Mc_Reatta

What's with all the low milage Reattas showing up on eBay recently? The ones with high reserve don't seem to sell, but some others have sold. Have the folks with investment grade cars decided now is the time to try to get them out of their inventory for some reason? I would have loved that 91 Maui blue converable, but I don't have the $26K asking price. I'm frankly surprised to see these caliber cars on eBay instead of in Barrett Jackson or Meacham's auctions.

I believe that the prices of most (not all) collector cars will keep going down with the economy.

Less people have the discretionary income now and this trend will continue as we head into the depression we are most surely entering.

Less people with extra cash means lower prices for all.

I have always wanted a 1957 Cadillac brougham and maybe I will get the chance to buy one in a year or two.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Cadillac_Eldorado_Brougham_5.jpg