I all about our prices going up BUT

D-a-n-i-e-l

Guest corey wasut

when i bought my allante in 05 a local car collector said it would be worth 20 grand in five years (its a 93 last year built,only year with northstar)i think it may be worth less now!It is good to see some of the gm products from the 80's and 90's starting to come up in value without having "grand national" or "gnx" on the fender.

Guest THEHKP7M13

DANIEL;

This is quite simply a case of a seller asking whatever he feels like. It is costing him nothing to post on craigslist.org so what does he really have to lose. I recently saw a white/red 91 convert for $19,995 and I know it didn't have over 100,000 miles.

Take note all you members that are worried about future value. If you are a true speculator you would sell your Reattae and buy the convertibles. Those are always the ones that bring crazy money if a car becomes popular, with a 1963 corvette being the only exception that comes to mind.

Do not take all of the above as an endorsement to purchase that car. I would like to say if the seller came down $10,000 the new owner would have a difficult time recouping his money for quite a while. The Reatta is a special car, but not many appreciate and desire these cars like we do. $34,995 is beyond even super nice C5 corvette and def, C6 coupe territory.

Just my .02 cents

Guest steveskyhawk

We are in a recession/depression. I believe that in 5 years the world will be very different/better and Reatta prices will skyrocket. Agreed that coupes will not bring what convertibles do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is a bit steep. </div></div>

IMHO, not really. It's VALUE far exceeds it's PRICE.

Although it is the most common color combo for Reatta cars, overall, this is a 1991 convertible. Less than 200 were released for public sale in 1991, the lowest number of ANY line of american cars released since 1959! With under 50k miles, this car should sell for at least original sticker price as a minimum.

Check out how many Red/Tan were released, and how many are left, with similar miles. It's a very rare car indeed!

Black Beauty, (the last Black/Flame Red 1991 Reatta convertible on the road), has nearly identical odometer reading, and would cost you 2X sticker. Of course, there's not another Black/Flame '91 drop-top available, anywhere.

If anyone desires a '91 convert, this is the one you've been waiting for. Priced to mirror a late-model personal luxury/sportcar with same mileage. You could spend the same amount on a G6, GTO, etc., etc. but they are NOT rare cars, IMHO.

Once again, THANK YOU for your honorable service to our country, and the world, D-A-N-I-E-L!!!!!

YOU DESERVE THIS CAR, If it makes you happy, Dan - GET IT!!

AND... Hit 'em up for a military discount!

I understand, Daniel. I can't swing it either.

But, YOU STILL DESERVE IT!

I remember when you were still in Iraq, posting Q&A with us here in the states. You're a true enthusiast, and War Veteran(Hero) - who deserves the best our country has to offer.

I'd bet the seller would offer you a much lower price than anyone else, (unless he's a FLAMER, who hates military), based upon your service to HIS country.

Guest THEHKP7M13

OK, now that I have found this I can make the proclamation: "You (THIS MEANS ANYONE) are an idiot if you buy that Reatta for $34,995"

I FINALLY FOUND MY PROOF:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1110432562.html

And since I know Craigslist.org has a way or erasing things in a week, here is the text:

Mint 91 Buick Reatta Convertible 10k miles (Rockland county)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-kbrbh-1110432562@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-04-06, 8:25PM EDT

Showroom new 91 Buick Reatta Convertible with 10,000 miles, Always garaged, Dealers own personal car asking $19,999

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Pictures to follow. I am making the declaration that I am not sellign this car and have no vested interest in it. The only interest I have is in proving that the $34,995 Reatta is ridiculous to me.

Once again, my .02 cents.

Guest F14CRAZY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: handmedownreatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

a Reatta is only worth what a right-minded buyer will pay for it [/quote

and pay and pay for repairs...lol] </div></div>

or in my case, Fix Or Repair Daily?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are a true speculator you would sell your Reattae and buy the convertibles. </div></div>

...or maybe someone who enjoys driving/owning a convertible, which just happens to among the most rare US production cars, and are willing to pay a premium price for a worthy example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Reatta is a special car, but not many appreciate and desire these cars like we do.</div></div>

WE??? You don't seem to find them worth so much, or you'd find a photo of one for your signature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> $34,995 is beyond even super nice C5 corvette and def, C6 coupe territory.

</div></div>

...Corvettes are NOT rare, and are readily available cars. The models to which you refer are much newer cars, try your comparison using a Vette from the same time period to support your argument.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "You (THIS MEANS ANYONE) are an idiot if you buy that Reatta for $34,995"

</div></div>

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. I take no offense, personally, 'cause I know I'm not an idiot.

I reverted to the above infantile statement to depict how sophomoronic the quoted line is. This ain't a sandlot. Personal insults are'nt homogenous with the culture here.

If you really want to make your point, then buy that Reatta, and put a humongous photo of it in your signature. But, if you think a C5, or C6 is more valuable, then go get one, or just join a Corvette forum, and see how THEY like your humongous signature photo of a Caprice, plastered all over thier site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And since I know Craigslist.org has a way or erasing things in a week, </div></div>

...or maybe the author deleted this posting, either because the car sold, or they got too many responses, and decided to keep it.

Guest THEHKP7M13

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manikmekanik</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you really want to make your point, then buy that Reatta, and put a humongous photo of it in your signature. But, if you think a C5, or C6 is more valuable, then go get one, or just join a Corvette forum, and see how THEY like your humongous signature photo of a Caprice, plastered all over thier site.

</div></div>

First of all get off you high horse MANIKMIKE. This is the ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE CLUB OF AMERICA's forum board. They Reatta is only a sub-forum within a greater forum. If this was a REATTA ONLY FORUM, your complaint would have merit. So, if you post anywere else within the ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE CLUB OF AMERICA's forum board outside of the "REATTA SUB-FORUM" and someone there thinks like you, then you offending them with your Reatta picture. When I had a 2004 GTO and was/is on LS1GTO.COM my signature there was of my GTO. IT WAS A 04-06 GTO ONLY FORUM BOARD and I respected that. Once I sold my GTO I changed the signature to something different. The car in the SIG is my first car, I still have it. I had it before I bought any Reattae and will have it after I sell any Reattae(if I chose). It will always be my favorite. I will have it until the good lord calls me up. I AM NOT CHANGING MY AVITAR!

And yes $34,995 for that car is crazy. I am going to resist using a P.T. Barnum quote here.

Manikmekanik is a well respected contributing member to this forum as well as a BCA and REATTA club member [and from what I see so far you are neither], so if I had to choose whose opinion to follow it would be his.

Please do what others have asked and at LEAST change the size.

And SHOULD you ever decide to BUY a Reatta the very guys you are going to NEED help from are the ones you are p888888 off!

Guest re-reatta

Any chance a moderator could step in here and make a suggestion, one way or the other, concerning THEHKP7M13's signature line? While I do agree that it is a little large, I wouldn't want any Reatta owner to feel unwelcome on this site. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"?