March 15 BCA board meeting in San Antonio

Barney Eaton

Here is a good chance to get away from the snow and ice.

A weekend trip to San Antonio can change you whole attitude

Information below is directly from the BCA web page.

March 15, 2008 San Antonio, Texas

The Alamo Chapter is happy to be hosting the BCA Board of Directors for their Spring meeting. Come enjoy spring break in San Antonio, Saturday, March 15 at the Best Western Hill Country Suites, Texas Highway 281 N and Loop 1604. Because it is spring break, you should make your reservation early. Room rate is $114.99 for 1 king-size. All rooms nonsmoking;hot complimentary breakfast. Reservations: (210) 490-9191. Code: BUICK. The Board meeting will be in same hotel at 8 a.m. Lunch will be catered, and there will be a funfilled Saturday evening.

If you have any question feel free to call me or any of the Alamo members........ 512-869-5114

Guest imported_Thriller

Almost makes me wish I'd have thought of this sooner...knew it was happening, just didn't realize when.

Oh well, it's warmed up here so it's only 10 degrees below normal shocked.gifcrazy.gif

Pete, that is not at all what I would expect from the Lone Star State. Do you think it may have something to do with the primary Tuesday night?

Sunny 40 degrees here today. Perfect for another cruise in the Electra, or as grandson calls it "lectra"

Actually, it started as "rain", kind of a drizzle, then sleet, then rain, then sleet, then some snow, more sleet, more snow (big flakes), which finally ended for us (west of Fort Worth) about 3:30pm this afternoon. Slushy roads, mainly, as temps were still above freezing. Where Pete is got MUCH more than we did! We only had about 2.5" accumulations. Quite unusual for March in N TX!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Yeah, right, what was that comment about burn outs? and food, and drink and more, sounds like great fun, other than going to another meeting, but I'm sure Mr. Darrow will run an effectively timely meeting so there more will be more time for food and burnouts and stuff, fun, like that!

What would you know about burnouts Roberta? As I recall, it <span style="font-style: italic">wasn't the President of the BCA that did a burnout in Columbus when the hotel folks were all up in arms over tire smoke in the lots. But then that smoke came from the road betwen the lots as I recall. </span> grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old-tank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If time permits were might get to smoke the tires on one of my toys.

Willie </div></div>

Well just to let everybody know, I smoked the tires on my Wildcat because I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before and was driving too fast/ didn't see the slow down sign at an exit ramp and spun the car 180 degrees. I was OK, the car was OK, and nobody else was around. Anyway, that was the biggest cloud of tire smoke I have ever been responsible for.

It was cool meeting people who I only knew through this forum or the Bugle. I met Bill Darrow (Pres.), Paul Meyer(ex Pres./ "42 crazy", Roberta Vasilow "Buick Racer", among others, along with seeing my Texas buddies, Roy Faries "TxBuicks", Pete Phillips- Editor Extraordinaire , Barney Eaton, and Willie Pittman "Old Tank". I'm sure there were others whom I am forgetting (sorry).

BTW, on the way back to Austin, Roberta passed me on the highway with Bill riding shotgun, he waved as they went by and somehow I thought it was appropriate to at least try to take the Buick Racer on the straightaway (for 5 seconds...)

I missed the board meeting due to the fact that I was helping to install my new (used) auto lift, but I'm really glad I made it for the afterparty. Thanks y'all for the job you do.

Mike

I just looked at the pictures that were taken at the BOD meeting in San Antonio. San Antonio looks like a very interesting city. I do not know how many of the waterways are in the city but it sure looked like Venice.

To Roberta, Bill and Dick....Thanks for the look at the city and all of <span style="font-weight: bold">youse guys and gals</span> enjoying the great sunshine.

Stevo

Steve,

Sounds like you have never been to San Antonio. If you get tired of the snow some year, I would suggest a trip down there. There is only one waterway, but it snakes through the city. You can walk it or the boat trip, or both.

To me, it beats the usual sun places like Florida. We sure enjoyed our trip down that way some 10 years ago and I was hoping I could make this BOD meeting. Hopefully, I can visit San Antonio again soon. It seems to me a good place for a BOD meeting every March.

John

John

The only time I was in Texas is when i went across the Northern part of the panhandle on my way to Arizona. As far as Florida is concerned, I hate it (sorry you people from Florida). I used to have a condo in Venice and I was there exactly once in the 20 or so years. We went to St Pete's about 10 years ago, still hated it but not as much as the first time I was there. Our daughter lives in North Port for about 2 years now and I have not been there. We will have to go there this year.

San Antonio looks like a great place.