Barrett - Jackson sales ---Selling for Short Money?

1937hd45

Not everyone can buy big $$ cars like you, even in a fantasy. I think reality MIGHT be setting in on their prices. Have you noticed all the confusion about who had the last bids and double bidders, etc.? I'm thinking they are trying to save the owners from getting stuck with the last bid. Just last week they settled the lawsuit from last year, for "undisclosed arrangements".

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't have cable or the dish so no watchy for me. </div></div>

Even though I have cable, speed channel's an extra fee which I won't pay for. mad.gif

It's basically all late models after 1954. I turn it on for noise. And, too, there can't be that many crazy people to bid those prices. I have to wonder what it's all about. I never see anybody I know either. I had a '72 Chevelle rental car back in 1973, and it couldn't even get to and from Florida from Maryland without breaking down. So, for me, it's just noise while I do something else. Other than Manheim Auto Auction years ago, I've been to one old auction in my life, and that was enough.

Guest DagoRed

This year, I finally have the proper counter-measures in place to effectively and efficiently view this reality-based TV show that is over-hyped & gushed on by SPEEDTV - <span style="text-decoration: underline">my way</span>. Actually, I enjoy watching SOME of it. Not the commercials, not the fluff lead-in, lead-out pieces, not the endless $$$ tallying of what each days 'production' nets and how much bigger and better each year is, certainly not the auctions for the bizzare (a hogged out fiberglas boat made into a car or a diesel engine that looks like it could power a great lakes ore carrier made into a trike - come on!!), and I have my preference to cars crossing the block like everyone else. Plus, I like to listen to what fellow Italiano Steve Magnonte (sp?), Mr. 12-bolt rear-end, has to say, he is a top-notch muscle car expert - I always learn something new from Steve. Whats the counter-measure? Just this: DirecTV's HD-DVR. I record the hours long stretches of the BJ while doing other important stuff (like watching <span style="font-style: italic">Everbody Love's Raymond</span> re-runs), then when things are slow the day after the recording, I watch it. With the magic of my remote, I can speed past all the afore mentioned grado and get right to the segments I prefer. I also avoid any and all pieces with the Godfather, Keith Jack$on. A 5 hour segment viewed this way is usually viewed in 60 or 70 minutes. The BJ auction is what it is, however, it sure beats 'Pinks, 'Unique Whips' , 'Monster Jam' with their predictable heavy-metal, guitar laced background licks. These and similar SPEEDTV gems should be filed under <span style="text-decoration: underline">C-R-A-P</span>....

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Skyking it's extra and i won't pay. </div></div>

Twitch, last night the doorbell rang and it was "the new guy in town" VERIZON. They are competing with Cox, our cable supplier. They offer an even faster hook-up with fiber-optics and a cheaper price tag. TV,(for the wife) phone & internet at a price less than what we're paying. Speed channel is included with their service. Next year I'll get to watch the Millionaire Circus. crazy.gif

I signed up with Dish for 2 more years recently under my wife's name. Enterprising sellers just get you to switch name and you get extra room installs as a "new" customer and whatnot.

As I said the atmosphere is so strained and phoney with ringer cars rolling by as some huckster babbles and shoots bars at auctioners about how cheap they are. I can stand about 5 minutes only.

Then I watch something serious like "You can't Cheap an Honest Man" Where W.C. Fields plays Larsen E. Whipsnake.

th_dancingfatkid.gif

Speaking of Millionaire's and Cox Comunications, They've been up in this area buying up what ever farm land is left and producing organic vegetables on the land. They bought my dads farm a few years back.

I think the company is worth about 26 Billion.

Like Bartles & James always said, "Thank You For Your Support."

Dave!

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Millionaire's and Cox Comunications, They've been up in this area buying up what ever farm land is left and producing organic vegetables on the land. They bought my dads farm a few years back.

I think the company is worth about 26 Billion.

</div></div>

My guess is if the writers keep up with their strikes in California Cox can turn to selling food. laugh.gif

I'll take Green Acres, Sheriff Andy and Barney, Sanford and Son, (Red Foxx was too much!) The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, All in the Family ( Who could forget Carol O'conner.) and a whole host of other shows from 20 to 30 plus years ago over what I have seen produced the last bunch of years.

Like cars, They don't make em like they use to. grin.gif

laugh.gif Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last night the doorbell rang and it was "the new guy in town" VERIZON. They are competing with Cox, our cable supplier. They offer an even faster hook-up with fiber-optics and a cheaper price tag. TV,(for the wife) phone & internet at a price less than what we're paying. Speed channel is included with their service. Next year I'll get to watch the Millionaire Circus.</div></div>We signed into that back in September. That's the only reason I'm watching it now.

By the way, a real nice '39 Hudson pickup just sold for $34,000. The truck looks really nice, and you couldn't hire that truck to be restored at that price. The Shelbys, Camaros, Chevelles, Cudas, etc. isn't worth it, but some of the older stuff isn't going for a lot of money. A decent looking '57 Thunderbird went for under $60,000 and as in the case of the Hudson, you couldn't pay someone to restore the car for that kind of money.

same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't have cable or the dish so no watchy for me. </div></div>

Even though I have cable, speed channel's an extra fee which I won't pay for. mad.gif </div></div>

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Studemax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys do know that some websites were carrying it live?

No need for SpeedTV. </div></div>

No, I didn't know that...............

I can tell you that the prices at Gooding and RM were very strong. I only saw 2 cars at RM not sell. I watched 30 at Gooding and 28 sold, all for strong money. The Duesenberg sedan brought 1 million which I would say is very very very strong. I didn't sit for any time at BJ so I can't comment on that (it's more of a circus then a car auction). I watched a few go through at Russo and Steele and they sold pretty well too.