All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, I am wondering. Is there a way to subscribe to a Forum here? I keep going to two of my preferred Forums, “Chrysler” and the “Plymouth” forum to read new posts. I have subscribed to individual threads before, and gotten email notifications. How about subscribing to the entire forum? I can’t get enough Mopar related info these days, related to my owned old cars. I check-in too often! Email notification would be nice. Thanks for any tips.
  3. It was quite a few years ago that I put this set of styled steel wheels on for a customer. And back then it was really hard to find a full set of straight and true wheels. I am thinking it would be harder today. Sometimes you have to get them mounted up and on the car before you can tell for sure.
  4. I know a car guy in Lewiston ID & will forward this thread via a link. Stay tuned...
  5. A friendly suggestion would be to poll the specific Forum users when suggesting a name change. General, is just that, General and is BCA wide. I too too would like to see our PWD Forum return to its previous naming. Thank you. Brian
  6. Money is not that hard to get, and a buck is a buck. "I" have a '64 Riviera. As to selling a car too soon in life, a lifelong friend of mine died a couple of years ago. Any time he saw me put a car up for sale he would ask "Okay, what don't you like about that one?". Perceptive guy. (Maybe he asked just a bit more coarsely)
  7. silver screen star MARIE PREVOST on her Buick Roadster
  8. Peter, For years, both the pre and post war areas have not been just technical. They have been a meeting place for persons with like type cars and interests. If using your logic, then the other groups should also have technical after their headings to maintain consistent content objectives that you talk about. Either remove technical from pre & post war or add -Technical to the Reatta group, Riviera group, Modified group, Performance group, and Opel group. Trying to have it both ways is confusing and appears to be singling out the two groups. Larry
  9. A few years back I purchased a 1942 180 LWB car with AC out of Canada for $2000 or so that made this car look like truly a parts car. The seller is incorrect in so many of his statements and his honesty does him no justice either. The top end for this car value wise certainly is no more than $50,000 at a 1 - restoration level and for that geez, it would cost $150,000. Pebble Beach is not clamoring for more 1939 LXB closed Packards to exhibit. Been there, done that.
  10. Peter, As you probably already know, the BCA Prewar Division has been using this forum to replace it's emailed newsletter. The primary focus is not on technical issues. Please reverse your change so we can continue to use this forum for all subjects relative to prewar Buick owners. Thank you,
  11. Oh ya got to bring Elvis! I'm looking forward to seeing him...
  12. From speaking with the owner Bruce, they sound like they take pride in their workmanship. It was around $200 and mostly labor. He also sounded quite knowledgeable on the subject. Checked the specs of my engine and calibrated accordingly. Remember, I didn't have any cosmetic work done to the gauge in the dash at all which they do. I merely wanted the gauge to function properly. It was the last piece of the puzzle to have all mechanics working. Proof will be in the pudding when the car's ready to go again.
  13. If I hadn't spent all my money on the garage and had some cash to fill it, I would be looking at this. Problem is i would also be looking at that 61 Bonneville posted. They would look good parked next to one another.
  14. Even the finished ones need work it seems, just usually sorting things and not so much complete overhauls. Sometimes it's worth borrowing the difference as interest on the borrowed money is at a lower percent than the increase in cost of even ,materials over the same years, plus you are already at the end of the tunnel. That same one is seems you never seem to see the light in the end when you are rebuilding a car. Once you go for paint on that other one, you open the can of worms, rubber, chrome, some more might as well do that's while i'm in there. It didn't look too bad but I saw a rust hole in the front fender and some holes in the rockers, so who knows what else a personal inspection will yield. I always found that when i put a budget on buying a car, if I just pushed it a little higher the cars were much much better. Both at the very low end and at the higher end. If I had money to buy that 39G ragtop or that really nice 58 special coupe I just posted from Craigslist for 22500 which could probably be had for 20G cash , I would have probably jump on the special hardtop and I'm a convertible guy. Lots of options when you have green bills in your hands.
  15. Today
  16. Also, the two strips of side stainless are a feature of the Special only in '47, Super and Roadmaster = one.
  17. The Clutch Doctor Trevor Olson. North Branch , MN. 1-651-674-four one seven five He has shoes for our Elcar in his shop now. Dennis
  18. that is awesome and great to hear it works out, actually better than expected !!
  19. contact the roster keeper for this model at the Packard Club ( and join!) head over to packardinfo.com, pretty active site, and you'll be asked for vehicle info too. In both places you can see who else has registered a similar vehicle. As stated, for a low production car the survival rate is pretty high and the club support is good
  20. That is a tractor headlight commonly installed by dealers on Ford 9n and 2n style tractors and similar Furguson tractors of the 40's and early 50's. I have bought several at swap meets and auctions. It would probably sell best on Ebay.
  21. I just saw this ad on Craigslist. It's a pretty darn nice California transplant. I think it's reasonably priced especially given the cost of chroming and interior work to bring a crappy one to this level. https://utica.craigslist.org/cto/d/marcy-1958-buick-2dr-ht/6893886024.html THIS IS THE KING OF CHROME FOR 1958. ORIGINAL CALIFORNIA CAR WITH ALL FACTORY SHEET METAL.EXCELLENT ORIGINAL CHROME AND INTERIOR. POWER BRAKES AND TINTED GLASS.ENGINE RUNS FINE AND TRANSMISSON WORKS SMOOTHLY.THIS IS A TRUE SURVIVOR FROM BUMPER TO BUMPER. POSSIBLE TRADE FOR EARLY MODEL CORVETTE ….1972 OR OLDER....WILL ADD MONEYFOR THE RIGHT CAR. CALL ME ANYTIME BEFORE 9PM FOR MORE DETAILS..THANKS.PS...I DO NOT TEXT
  22. Not a limousine, just a standard 7P sedan (no divider window). Bottom of the food chain even with 12 cylinders. And hey, there's a V12 engine for sale on eBay for $40,000, which is almost exactly how much it will cost to make this engine operational. Another case of someone who knows nothing about these cars buying one because he mistakenly believes all Packards are valuable and/or that collectors are fools.
  1. Load more activity