All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Marcel Lefebvre-Despeaux driving his Amilcar - Paris 1927
  3. You can check with the Martins at Centerville Auto. They sell used parts, but you'll probably have to call to see what they have on hand. https://www.nailheadbuick.com/starters
  4. Very nice car. Pictures of the front chromework would help sell the car, if the chrome is as nice as the rest of the car. The pot metal on these tends to pit, and if the grill, and hood ornament, door handles, and taillights are pitless, the car is a buy. They are wonderful drivers and beautiful to look at.
  5. Hello did you ever get any info the the Holman Moddy engine ?
  6. I think it’s called a strut, please see photos- I have one but would like to purchase a pair, left and right sides with springs #2 & #6 thanks for looking
  7. I'm from the San Diego La Jolla area and I didn't know they had a car show there. I would have thought that it would be impossible to park all of those cars. La Jolla cove area is notorious for having parking spaces tight as a drum!
  8. As I’m sure most folks have already seen, I picked up a free roached 1950 Nash Ambassador. I was able to get the hood open today and found a very complete decent looking inline-6. It probably ran when parked, the plugs are fresh and the oil was very clean which was surprising. I’m betting it’s solid, will need some TLC to be perfect of course but it looks good and well taken care of. It’s a bit soon to be asking as I haven’t fully looked the car over to see if it’s worth saving as a whole, and I haven’t fully decided if I want to start parting.. but should I decide to pull it what can I do with it? Whatever I put it in, I don’t want the hydramatic behind it. Nothing personal against it, I’d just prefer a simpler 3-speed or so but I’m not sure what bolts up to it yet. Any help appreciated, thank you!
  9. Wasn't it Elon Musk's grandpa the creator of the Tucker? Or is that just a rumor?
  10. I can guarantee you, I don't see these on the road everyday, week, year, decade, and maybe century. Very great car!
  11. I need to make a correction about this pic. The flange in this above pic is mounted backwards on the steering column collar. The black flange should come out over the shift lever side.
  12. Today
  13. My observation has been that the number stamped on the sensor is to match the gauge upper limit rather than the ohms max. Seemed to correlate to me as being "pressure". FEW people understand "ohms", but they know about "pressure". BTAIM I've found factory gauges (of any brand) to be two things. Accurate enough and "for reference". BUT you have to check them to see what they are doing! Happy Spring! NTX5467
  14. John, I do believe you are right. I've already fastened the upper steering column clamp to the dashboard, but I still screwed the strut to upper flange. It makes the strut hang straight down, which I think is the best way. Great illustration by the way as you always do. Marc.
  15. Good news. The price negotiations went well and we arrived at a price both the seller and I were happy with. Got the car easily registered at the DMV today. New plates are in the trunk as the seller let me keep the YOM plates on the car. It was a nice sunny day, so I took the car out for a drive with the top down. A real pleasure to operate and slightly different from driving my ‘40 Chevy or ‘53 Packard. Each has its unique sounds, sight lines and handling which makes driving these old cars so much fun. Lots of waves and thumbs up from other drivers and pedestrians. The car has some minor cosmetic flaws, but I’m going to leave them alone. They’re part of the history of this car and I’m developing more of a “keep it original” mindset than trying to make everything perfect. I may even follow Ed’s lead and not wash it. Apologies to AJ and others, but I’ll keep the WWTs😀. No Trippe lights, spot lights or other accessories, however. Plan to drive it a lot and occasionally bring it to a local cars & coffee and maybe show it at the NC Region meet in Spencer, NC and SE Nationals in Charlotte this year and next. Thanks again for all of the suggestions and advice
  16. The 32 3 window is different from the 5 window in a lot of respects. For one it has suicide doors. It also has a chopped roof and is sportier.
  17. He is driving here from NY to discuss. I told him I would only work on the car after he had seen in person and we had agreed in writing how I would be proceeding. The rear wheel well wood was also done wrong. I believe only the floor with main sills I’ll be able to leave as is. What is pretty amazing to me is the owner supplied the body book and it shows a decent enough of pictures to recreate the wood at least in a usable way. While it might not be exact without the actual wood for patterns, the pictures would get you lose. The roof of this car is not close at all. The work is good enough for a Hollywood prop but that’s about it.
  18. I am Currently working on a 1927 Buick Master. I had all intentions of making another aluminum hub with sealed bearings for the fan hub. So much so that I have updated my drawings with the dimensions so a person can make these hubs for a Standard or a Master. By the time I got into the cost of the aluminum and the machining, and the fact that the thing that I only really needed was to replace the felt seal with a modern lip seal, that is what I did. For Mid to late 20's Buick Master or Standard, the lip seal that you want is 26mm x 19mm x 5.5mm You can find these on Ebay for around $12. I did rough up the outer side of the lip seal using coarse sandpaper. I cleaned the area with lacquer thinner where the lip seal replaces the felt seal inside the fan hub I used silicone to adhere the seal into the place where the felt seal was. Others have used black RTV sealant. I used a deep socket to hold the seal in place for 24 hours to let the adhesive dry. I made two new 1/64" paper gaskets for the fan hub. You can see the lip seal inside the back end of the fan hub housing. I filled it with oil and everything looks great. A big improvement over felt. Hugh
  19. OH, I see what you mean. I forgot that we are looking at the strut from the back, not the front. You may be right on this. I'll go check it out.
  20. I have seen it before……but can’t remember what it was on.
  1. Load more activity