Recommended Posts

My son is looking to buy his 1st classic. He has 25k to spend. I will be his eyes since I have bought and flipped over a hundred muscle cars over the past 50 plus years. He does not know a straight screwdriver- from a Philips+. LOL!! So it must be in good mechanics and body. Air a must since he lives in the Nashville TN heat. I tried to talk him into buying this Lincoln for 7100. He said it will not fit in his apartment parking spot. LOL

26694723_10211467769112380_452739764_n.thumb.png.08820461c51fdc24303aa93dc2912057.png

26694784_10211467769072379_606553535_n.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, countrytravler said:

He said it will not fit in his apartment parking spot. 

 

Mr. Traveler, I think your son should consider doing

one of two things:

 

(1)  Use some of his budget to rent a garage space

to keep the car out of the elements.

(2)  Or save some money by getting a somewhat worn

antique car--one perhaps with paint already faded.

It might not look perfect, but it will be just as much fun.

 

He should know that keeping an antique car outside--

in a shared parking lot, no less--will be hard on the car.

In just a few years the car won't look as good, and

his investment will decline in value, not appreciate.

 

I think he'll appreciate the hobby much more if he 

treats the car well, so that after a while his car still looks great.

He'll then be one step closer to building a future collection!

 

All the best to him in his search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His Studio is the old Federal Reserve building in downtown Nashville that someone turned into studio apartments with under the building parking. Here is his living room and building.Thanks for your input. He is in marketing, radio DJ for WSM, co-producer of PIMP MY RIDE and now owns an Ins Comp that targets people with DUIs. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20171117_175638.jpg

20171117_193510.jpg

19029426_10154444738192063_4138212613383870395_n.jpg

received_10154346240912063.jpeg

received_10154346240947063.jpeg

unnamed (5).jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

 

Mr. Traveler, I think your son should consider doing

one of two things:

 

(1)  Use some of his budget to rent a garage space

to keep the car out of the elements.

(2)  Or save some money by getting a somewhat worn

antique car--one perhaps with paint already faded.

It might not look perfect, but it will be just as much fun.

 

He should know that keeping an antique car outside--

in a shared parking lot, no less--will be hard on the car.

In just a few years the car won't look as good, and

his investment will decline in value, not appreciate.

 

I think he'll appreciate the hobby much more if he 

treats the car well, so that after a while his car still looks great.

He'll then be one step closer to building a future collection!

 

All the best to him in his search.

As much as I would have liked to sell him that Lincoln, (I listed it for sale), I agree with John about indoor storage being a good idea. 

 

P. S. I call that Lincoln the “Pimpmobile”. It would have been perfect for him!

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

As much as I would have liked to sell him that Lincoln, (I listed it for sale), I agree with John about indoor storage being a good idea. 

 

P. S. I call that Lincoln the “Pimpmobile”. It would have been perfect for him!

Did you read my response to John?? He has under the building parking. This was a Fed Reserve Building. High-end people had to have secured parking in the day. That show was canceled years ago. But the maim guy, MAD MIKE still runs the car modifications for Galpin Ford in Van Nuys CA. Here is Mike with my son. He is an electronic genius.

277836_3534058912656_212370450_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone will be breaking down that door in the night.

Sleep well.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parking underneath his apartment building

will be convenient;  but if parking is laid out

as it is in other parking garages, the spaces are

unusually narrow.  Door dings and molding damage

to his cherished classic car won't be what he 

wants to see.  Is there a way he can avoid that?

 

In other locations, a typical parking space is 10 feet

wide--or it should be, according to engineering guides,

especially in places such as grocery stores and shopping

centers, where there is a lot of in-and-out traffic.  Some

places try to squeeze more cars into less space and make 

the parking spaces 9 feet wide.  Parking garage spaces are

LESS than 9 feet, making damage more likely, especially

for a car that is exposed to adjacent cars' doors

for month upon month upon month.

 

 

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Buick Riv. -73. (boat tail) He might appreciate a V8 with 455 cc. It is all original, even the interior incl. the radio. It has a very good a/c. It spent 14 year sitting in a museum. This is my daily driver and I get thumbs up all the time. And it moves!!

DSC01042.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

DSC02147.JPG

DSC02149.JPG

DSC02133.JPG

DSC02148.JPG

DSC02132.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now