Jason Zerbini's 1966 Riviera GS in the Riview

Seafoam65

Jason I got my new Riview yesterday and what an amazing picture on the cover.

The pic  of your car is the best cover that magazine has ever had.Those of you on the forum who

own a 66  Riviera you all have something to aspire to. You could spend 200K modifying a 66 Riviera

and it wouldn't begin to equal the beauty of Jason's car restored back to magnificent stock livery.

Simply awesome and amazing......well done!

• Like 3

Thanks Winston and others. You are too kind.

Wife set-up and took the cover pic while we were out for a cruise last fall in the Allegheny Mountains 40 miles or so to SW. We gave Ray our Editor a few real nice differing cover possibilities and he chose that one which was in our personal top 3. We spent about 20 hours over different days trying to get good pics in various weather conditions, locations, camera settings, etc, then carefully sorted out the not so good ones. Then Ray and our magazine Graphics designer Michelle spent many more hours laying it out. The goal was minimal words - more pics.

As the article suggests I'm not a proponent of doing a Riv to this level. I think this was a unique/rare opportunity where several factors came together and seemed to justify going that route.  

And yes Bill, See you there. The car's entry is confirmed and we have our reservations at the main hotel for the Hemming's event in Sept.

• Like 5

Undoubtedly one on the prettiest Riviera's on the planet ! Can't wait to see it in person someday . Great work Jason !  Your build series is such a valuable contribution to all Riviera owners . 

KReed

• Like 2

On 4.5.2017 at 7:51 PM, JZRIV said:

Wife set-up and took the cover pic while we were out for a cruise last fall in the Allegheny Mountains 40 miles or so to SW. We gave Ray our Editor a few real nice differing cover possibilities and he chose that one which was in our personal top 3. We spent about 20 hours over different days trying to get good pics in various weather conditions, locations, camera settings, etc, then carefully sorted out the not so good ones. Then Ray and our magazine Graphics designer Michelle spent many more hours laying it out. The goal was minimal words - more pics.

As the article suggests I'm not a proponent of doing a Riv to this level. I think this was a unique/rare opportunity where several factors came together and seemed to justify going that route.  

And yes Bill, See you there. The car's entry is confirmed and we have our reservations at the main hotel for the Hemming's event in Sept.

Now I'm very, very impatient to get my new Riview!!! (...to my country it needs a week or so more than in the US). What I could follow from Jason by now is just terrific! Jay, the King of Rivieras!!! :D *two-thumbs-up"

Edited by Schmiddy
Typo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.5.2017 at 7:51 PM, JZRIV said:

Now I got my Review too (it always need a bit longer to Switzerland :lol:) and I had the great opportunity to read the article about your extraordinary '66, Jason! What an outstanding and great work you've done!  I wish, I had the skills to bring my Riv on 1/10 of the level of yours! Guys like you are my big role models and thank you for motivating me that much! 
If it was not so far away, I would be there in September and admire the car with my own eyes!  :wub:

• Like 2

. . . shoulda seen it when it was just a rolling chassis at Hershey, PA in 2010 - it was a real work of art !

Too bad most of it  disappeared when the body went back on - a real bonafide winner for sure !

Excellent article Jason - almost time for another project. LOL 

• Like 1