Running board trim moulding

airbrushguy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes rlcokc, I do like Max Merritt but I will go to them as a last choice since I would really like the moundings to match the rest that are on the car and I do have one original side so I only need one other.

However, even needing only one is  proving challenging. I know it's out there and I'm not ready to compromise yet.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I obtained my running board moldings from:

L&L Antique Auto Trim
Pierce City, Missouri - 417-476-2871

They were a quality product and the profile was very accurate for my 1930 Buick model 68.  Unfortunately the current owner of the business can be very hard to get in contact with.  While I could be completely wrong, my impression is he reluctantly runs this as a side business and puts minimal effort into keeping the business his father started going.  A few years ago he seemed to have a fairly comprehensive selection of running board trim for early Buick's available at reasonable prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Happy Camper (Merry Christmas) who just got NOS running board trim for the '39 Special Coupe.  Seller said it was '38, but profile and width is same as '39 belt line trim, and length is 70 inches.  A couple of small dents, but sure look great to me - been looking since 2010. 

RB Trim 1.jpg

RB Trim 2.jpg

RB Trim 3.jpg

RB Trim 4.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed the running board trim a few weeks ago that I gave myself for Christmas. I also used PlastiDip to freshen up the running board mats.  Sometime in the next year or so I want to replace the mats, just haven't gotten comfortable with how to remove the old ones.   

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Old Car Parts said:

air brush guy,

I was wondering if you were still looking for the running board mouldings for 39 Century. I know I had asked back a few months ago, but just found a NOS pair when I was doing some spring cleaning. They're always in the last place you look. Now, I'm not sure about the year and model of Buick, but take a look to see if these are the right ones. If they are not, and you have a picture of the original ones, send it to me as I may have them. (they are NOS / never used, there is still some of the original brown paper wrapped around them. I know they may look dirty in the pictures, but they have no dents or cracks. They're straight.)

IMG_9332.JPG

IMG_9333.JPG

IMG_9335.JPG

IMG_9336.JPG

Still in need.

The pieces I need are 75 1/2" - 76" long. Could you measure these and tell me their size, thank you.

Thanks Bill, you trim piece looks exactly like mine as far as pattern, but surprisingly it looks exactly like the tip of the piece I was going to have "fixed" by a friend who ruined while attempting to weld/fill the screw hole.

That is why I need only one. The 75" length is the biggest aspect to overcome in my search, so if someone comes up with a 75" piece the pattern is secondary, you can see from previous posts that my car is completely done except for this trim.

• Like 1

airbrushguy your welcome.

I sure do hope you can find. that's a nice car you have. I will keep you in mind if I run across any that size.

I'm no expert on running board trim, but I would expect other car makes may have something that would work if the pattern is no issue.

My car is a 1939 Roadmaster 81F 133" WB with the 70" running board trim.  Possibly the longer WB cars would have the longer trim?

thanks

bill

• Like 1

Airbrushguy, you are to be commended on your diligence and efforts in looking for this piece!! Have none of the fabricators that have been referenced been able to help. Or offer something close enough. I ask because the previous owner of my 38 used a piece of flat aluminum and it sticks out like a sore thumb so I am in search of something better, preferably nice original or NOS. 

Old Car Parts, I need to measure the running boards on my newly acquired 38 Special to see if these 62 3/4s may fit. If so I'd be interested in them. 

On May 10, 2017 at 0:30 PM, Old Car Parts said:

Hi Bill,

I can't answer you definitively if I have them or not, as I'm not sure what the design is or the length for the roadmaster. From reading this post, it seems that all of the moulding are different from roadmaster to century to special. What would make my search much easier is a picture and size if you have one, especially a picture of the end. Or if you don't could you describe them for me. Are they curved at the end, flat, etc.

I just found another pair, someone had written on them 39 Buick convertible. I wish he wrote which model to make it easier for all of us. They are approximately 62 3/4". Let me know if you have a picture, or hopefully someone on this forum may have one and share it with us.

Thanks MrEarl, I am determined.

if the job on the running boards wasn't so perfect I would be doubly frustrated but they look great even without the trim, I would just like to make them look correct.

these last posts by OldCarParts got me excited and I hope there is still a chance he has some 75" pieces, I am attaching a pic of the end of the one piece I have already. Keep in mind that I could accept another design if it is two great 75" matching pieces.

Thanks everyone

IMG_5891.JPG

On 5/15/2017 at 0:17 PM, Old Car Parts said:

Hi airbrush guy,

I found one that I think will work for you. It's just one, but it is NOS. It's 75 5/8" long. It's marked 1939 Buick Model 60 by Keller Moulding Co. which made mouldings in the 1930s and 40s. I will send you a PM tonight or latest tomorrow morning with some pictures and double check the measurements. The design looks correct though.

Old Car Parts, haven't heard from you, what happened?

On May 10, 2017 at 0:30 PM, Old Car Parts said:

Hi Bill,

I can't answer you definitively if I have them or not, as I'm not sure what the design is or the length for the roadmaster. From reading this post, it seems that all of the moulding are different from roadmaster to century to special. What would make my search much easier is a picture and size if you have one, especially a picture of the end. Or if you don't could you describe them for me. Are they curved at the end, flat, etc.

I just found another pair, someone had written on them 39 Buick convertible. I wish he wrote which model to make it easier for all of us. They are approximately 62 3/4". Let me know if you have a picture, or hopefully someone on this forum may have one and share it with us.

I have sent you a private message regarding the 62 3/4 pieces

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Old Car Parts said:

Hi Airbrushguy,

As I mentiond, these are approximately 69 1/4" long, measured from the back tip to tip. Again, based on what you told me, I'll try to match a pair for you.

airbrushguy,

these may be the 70" ones im looking for??

I have sent you a pm on this.

thanks

bill

I keep getting notices that I have activity on this post. I am awaiting a response from Old Car Parts in regard to the 75 5/8" piece he said he found and would pm me about.

I am getting no response either posted here or in regards to my pm I have sent him.

Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...