jed85

1933 Dodge Cabriolet (DP6)

Hi Tom,

Thank-you for the dimensions. Any chance you have dimensions for the following two center support brackets (internal to car)?

Thanks in advance.

Mikepost-78478-143142020919_thumb.jpg

post-78478-143142020913_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Just reviewed the pictures again.........GOLD!

On picture #4, the rain gutter stops, but a metal strip (curved) flows to the floorpan. I assume this is the same material thickness as the raingutter?

Thanks again.

Mike

Hi JG, Thanks for the chart however it dosen't go back far enough. My car is an early Senior Made in '27 for the '28 selling year I will keep trying someone will have the info or a web site to check out Ron

post-86357-143142021732_thumb.jpgThese should do the trick. Let me know if you need another dimension. The side that has tabs is for 1/4 -20 stove bolts. The nut is held captive and a round head slotted bolt screws into it. A washer and lock washer should be under stove bolt head. My best estimate on the radius of the stamped upset is a little less than 3/8 inch. I will visit the car at the shop on Thursday and will get dimensions and better photos of the bracket that holds this bracket. A piece of body webbing and a piece of 1/4 inch felt was between this bracket and the back of the body. Chris

post-86357-143142021699_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143142021706_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143142021711_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143142021715_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143142021719_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143142021723_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143142021728_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Just reviewed the pictures again.........GOLD!

On picture #4, the rain gutter stops, but a metal strip (curved) flows to the floorpan. I assume this is the same material thickness as the raingutter?

Thanks again.

Mike

Mike the body metal is 19swg but the gutter channel and the rear beam are thicker not sure of the gauge?

I think that this is a picture of Al Smith fleet that we bought out about 10 years ago. 1 of them i think is a 33-34 like the one your restoring.

That pickup truck, second from the back, looks like the one Al Jr. used to haul stuff to the Pomona swap meet back when I got a number of parts from him. He was a very nice person to do business with and it was shocked to hear of his passing only 6 months or so after I last bought parts from him. He gave no hint that he had serious heath issues at that time.

Hi Dave,

Yes, the cabriolet is the same as mine. Looking forward to driving up and meeting you in a few weeks. Did you find a 1933 Dodge engine by chance?

Thanks,

Mike

post-86357-143142024568_thumb.jpgOk, The bracket is being held against the sheet metal panel below rumble lid. You can see where the holes line up if slid behind the bracket. As mentioned earlier there is 1/8 inch body webbing and a 1/4 inch felt pad between bracket and sheet metal panel. Slots are 3/16 inch plus wide. My notes say 1/4-20 round head bolt (stove bolt). The 3/16 inch plus width of the slot suggest it could be 12-24 Stove bolt but I may have measured incorrectly. I will look at this again early next week. The part of the bracket in front is 2 1/4 inches wide. It travels in the rear one which is 2 15/16 inches wide. The flange on each of them is 1/4 inches. The length of both of these together is 9 inches long before they begin their bends. This dimension will vary as you adjust the position of the sheet metal panel vis-à-vis the decklid etc. The photo with the tape measure should allow you to calculate the correct length of each side which I forgot to measure, your forgiveness is appreciated. This bracket sits to the right hand side of the hole that accommodates the spare tire bracket rod. Let me know if you need clarification or more dimensions. I will post a bunch of body parts pictures that are striped and epoxy primered in my Plymouth thread "Color for 1933 Plymouth PD" which is covering the restoration of my car. Chris

post-86357-14314202456_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Still trying to get complete access to the car as it is not on-site. I have many requests for dimensions, pictures, etc. Here are a few......more to follow (on the package tray).

Mikepost-78478-143142025655_thumb.jpg

post-78478-143142025584_thumb.jpg

post-78478-143142025608_thumb.jpg

post-78478-143142025633_thumb.jpg

Looks like they put a small block Chevy and an automatic in it, then in the listing they show both a V-8 and 6 cylinder. What's up with that? Is it a real listing or a scam?

Looks like they put a small block Chevy and an automatic in it, then in the listing they show both a V-8 and 6 cylinder. What's up with that? Is it a real listing or a scam?

I have a call in to the place. We will get the story hopefully today.

I spoke to the dealer last evening. He realized that it stated both engines. It is a SBC at this point. I saw the car 10 years ago when they restored it a Hennessy's in San Jose, CA. Nice car.

Mike