bofusmosby

I want my car transported! Help!!!

Well, here's an update. I finally got word that my car was picked up this evening, and I should be getting my baby hopefully next Sunday.:)

I'll be sure and post some photos when it arrives. It is because of our members here that the shipping was arranged. I want to thank everyone for their support!

Jim,

Good luck with the transport as well as with the "new" car.

Did you have contact with any of the folks in the Tampa bay area?

We would like to have you as a new member of AACA

Yes Marty, I spoke to a few people. One group had their meetings on Saturday mornings (I work every Saturday), and a ways away. I can't remember if it was you that sent me an email, but it was either you, or someone else that sent me a phone number, so I could call and join the national group. I seemed to have misplaced that number. You don't by any chance have it do you? I'd like to go ahead and pay my dues, so I'll be an official member.

I need a 57 Nash Ambassador parts car [rolling chassis] transported from Ontario Ca to Rochester Pa or any place close, [open or closed]. Lots of help available for loading and unloading. Thanks, 55Nash.

Truelyvintage

Naw, the car should be delivered hopefully on Tuesday. It was picked up a couple of weeks ago, and the driver had to delay the delivery on account of a funeral. Its an enclosed carrier, so I believe all will be well. Once the car is delivered, I am going to "slam" all of the auto brokers that promised the moon and couldn't deliver. It may not help me out, but if it saves one person from going through what I had to go through, then it will be worth it. All of their estimates were nothing but low-ball estimates, just trying to hook me in. Fortunately, I never gave any of them my credit card number, so money-wise, it didn't cost me anything. I appreciate you opening my eyes to the truth.

There is a man in Minnisota in Hemmings who hauls reasonably. There are others there and in Old Cars Weekly. Or you can rent a Uhaul up there for a week at $569 and pull it yourself. I'm in Dade City just north of you and have Hudsons and International trucks. mrmdcf@msn.com

Roy

Pleased to meet you Roy. I had thought about hauling it myself, but the amount of money I would have lost from missing work would have been too much, compared to what it is costing me. Don't get me wrong, I really don't make that much money, but when I figured out plane fare (or gas money to get there), model, food, gas, and then missing work for over a week just wasn't a feasable option. With any luck, my car should be here on Tuesday....I hope.

This is my first old car, so I am a bit excited, like a kid at Christmas time. I guess I can check off another thing on my list of "things I do before I die". :D

Well, my baby finally arived!!!!! She came home about 9:00 pm, and needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.:D The battery was bad, so I got a new battery, and she started right up! The wait was well worth it. Thank you to all who assisted in the transportation. Everyone here is great! Today is a great day!

I'll start a new thread soon with photos, and a description of what still needs to be done.

Great News!!!

Nice to see all the stress of the wait done for you...I think every one here has experienced "The Wait" at some point. Buying from a picture and a story can be difficult enough but going through all the trials you did makes all the more stressful.

Very happy to see you get your new ride and yes...looking froward to the pics!

Jim:

I just learned that a friend of a friend delivered your car. This was on a return trip from delivering his Trans Am from Tampa to Colorado. Glad to hear this arrangement worked out for you. Good luck with your car.

If your looking for an event to go to tomorrow (May 1), there is a car show in old Palm Harbor that is expecting several hundred cars. I plan to be there.

Also, mark your calendar for Oct 16, the Lake Mirror Classic in Lakeland. One of the best shows in our area.

Enjoy your new car.

Kevin

An updation after some days....

Here are some ideas of transporting your vehicle...I recommend to surf for the best transport companies from others experience. Ask recommendation friends. Make sure your vehicle is ready for shipping. Authorisation of the company is important to check.