Architecture and Signage: Historic Buick Dealerships

Centurion

On 2/11/2024 at 12:11 AM, Elpad said:

Can somebody tell me what is a VW bug doing in a Buick showroom? 

IMG_5702.jpeg

Edited by Century Eight
Can somebody tell me whee the shield/logo on the “50 Buick to the left went? We know the other two Buicks are 51/52 cars but I just noticed the ‘50 is missing its hood badge. (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

It also looks to me like the 50 may have been lowered. Also, shouldn't both of the Buicks have the "Buick Eight" script on the upper grille bar? Neither one has it. I think that this was a digitally faked scene for the VW commercial.

11 hours ago, Elpad said:

IMG_6205.jpeg

8 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

...Body shop... by the looks of the car in foreground...whats left of it

Way back when, insurance companies and body shops used to rebuild wrecks, not total them out and scrap them, I can remember seeing cars with still twisted frames, or rear axels that were replaced somewhat crosswise on the springs, crabbing their way down the street in front of me.. Quality shops weren't totally immune to this result.  ...to say nothing of body panel gaps, stiff doors and trunk lids, and so on.

Maybe car history reports and safety laws weren't the worst things to happen to the industry.

WTF Fail Crazy Driving and Crabbing - YouTube

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2024 at 6:33 AM, Tom99 said:

Cooper Buick Oldsmobile, Decatur, Illinois,

Decatur, Illinois, Cooper Buick Oldsmobile.jpg

I'm sorry, but that information is not correct.  It is Cunningham Buick Co., Burlington, WI.

Cunningham Buick-Oldsmobile 9, Burlington WI, 1960flood; disaster; curved; gas pumps; Burlington Historical Society Museum FB.jpg

• Like 3