Architecture and Signage: Historic Buick Dealerships

Centurion

Hi, Mr. Earl. Yes, nifty "NO PARKING, NOT EVEN BUICKS" lollipop sign in the MOBIL gas station next to the Claude L. Allred dealership a few photos up. It definitely looked familiar to me. You have very good eyes for a person of advanced age!

Best of luck with the upcoming October world premier of your BUICK Sales & Service Emporium, my friend. Sure wish I could be there, ol' pal. John

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 8:13 AM, MrEarl said:

Don't recall having seen the Buick 8 uniform patches like the ones here, that looks similar to a '36 trunk ornament.

325618139_861450608442282_3854393841788273783_n.jpg.9fc610bc4089c45e084ac050212642cc.jpg

Anybody happen to have one?

I looked through my Buick patch collection and not finding the Buick Eight patch seen in this picture.  Anybody have one or even a better picture? 

IMG_2056.jpeg.66121cbac85dac87df964c9430b17285.jpeg

8 hours ago, MRJBUICK said:

The Long Island chapter used to have our car show there until they closed down. building is now gone supposedly a new building being built for a tech company. not a huge lot but we had a lot of fun there.  Old Country rd., Hicksville NY

Hi Marty, I am looking for a photo of another defunct LI Buick dealership. I can't recall the name or town right now. My Dad and I salvaged the rooftop sign before the building was demolished, maybe 12 years ago or so.  It is five 4' neon letters attached that spell Buick. Any recollection of where it was?

On 9/23/2023 at 8:26 PM, MetroPetro said:

Hi Marty, I am looking for a photo of another defunct LI Buick dealership. I can't recall the name or town right now. My Dad and I salvaged the rooftop sign before the building was demolished, maybe 12 years ago or so.  It is five 4' neon letters attached that spell Buick. Any recollection of where it was?

Sorry but I would need a little more to go on. I know it wasn't Reese in Mineols because my friend and I got the neon letters from that one. And Shore in Brlmore another friend got those but there have been so many changes with the corporate looking buildings. If you could try to get the town or county would help 

Marty