For Sale: 1958 Buick Limited 4dr Hardtop, 53K miles - $29,900 - Northglenn, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1958 Buick Limited 4dr Hardtop, 53K miles - $29,900 - Northglenn, CO

1958 Buick Limited 4dr Hard Top for sale by owner - Denver, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

*1958 Buick Limited Four-Door Hardtop - Classic "King of Chrome"* Step back in time with this stunning 1958 Buick Limited four-door hardtop, a masterpiece of 1950s American automotive design. Very nice running and driving Classic collector car. Buy before someone in Sweden buys it and exports it.
*Features: *
- Powerful 364 cubic-inch V8 engine
- Flight pitch automatic transmission
- Four-door hardtop design with sleek, pillarless styling
- Iconic '58 Buick chrome grille and bumper design
- Vintage interior with original upholstery and trim (new carpet)
- AM radio and original dashboard clock (both inoperable)
- 15-inch Wire wheels with chrome New Whitewall tires.
- Original mileage: 53000
*Condition: *
- Excellent condition, with minimal wear - Runs smoothly and drives beautifully - Rust free... Garaged, *Rare and Desirable: * - One of only 5,571 made
Text me with any questions…Serious offers considered with test drive.
Copy and paste in your email: 13716769e08231f885d7fa05108782df@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1958 Buick Limited 4dr Hardtop.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 5,571 1958 Buick Limited 4dr Hardtops built.

'58 Buick Limited CO a.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO b.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO c.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO d.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO e.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO f.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO g.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO h.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO i.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO j.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO k.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO l.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO m.jpg

'58 Buick Limited CO n.jpg

• Like 2

Triple Turbine Dynaflow AKA Flight Pitch Dynaflow. Offered 58-59. It was standard equipment on 1958 Limiteds and Roadmaster 75s until it was discontinued after 1959 due to cost and reliability issues. Optional on other series in 1958 and all series in 1959.

To its credit most of the reliability issues were brought on by drivers who didn't understand the G position and tried to drive it as they had earlier Dynaflows with a selectable Low range.

G was "Grade Retard" position and designed for engine braking instead of increased acceleration as earlier Dynaflow with L position.

For all of 3T Dynaflow's issues, it paved the way for TurboHydraMatic.

Would the asking price even cover half the chroming bill on one of these?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Always thought if I had to have a 58 Buick, I would want the Limited. The convertible would be even better. Such an over the top car! This one has a great two tone color combo including the interior. Such sass and class! 😎

• Like 1

I like the 58s, but I’m torn between the Roadmaster 75 and the Limited. The chrome shovel on the other series is pretty cool.  I can’t be certain, but I suspect this one doesn’t have A/C, which is a minus in my book for a Limited.  On the other hand, not having air suspension would be a huge plus. 

27 minutes ago, DavidinCA said:

I like the 58s, but I’m torn between the Roadmaster 75 and the Limited. The chrome shovel on the other series is pretty cool.  I can’t be certain, but I suspect this one doesn’t have A/C, which is a minus in my book for a Limited.  On the other hand, not having air suspension would be a huge plus. 

correct no factory AC...missing the vent in center top of dash

On 9/29/2024 at 9:07 AM, rocketraider said:

Would the asking price even cover half the chroming bill on one of these?

No, but the chrome looks good to me.  And that is the big issue on this era Buick.  So you start with a good example and drive it.

Great aunt (grandma’s sister) and her husband had a 58 Buick when new. I saw pictures of it and asked if she remembered it. She very much remembered it and said “it rode like a Pullman coach”.  
There’s a phrase that you would never hear from anyone alive today. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, m-mman said:

Great aunt (grandma’s sister) and her husband had a 58 Buick when new. I saw pictures of it and asked if she remembered it. She very much remembered it and said “it rode like a Pullman coach”.  
There’s a phrase that you would never hear from anyone alive today. 

The response today would be: What's a Pullman coach?"

Edited by 58L-Y8
syntax corrected (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

These 58's had the most chrome of any year. I believe these 58s were the first year of the ball joint suspension. You couldn't restore one of these for 29 grand; the cost of the chrome alone would blow most people's budget. I don't really care for the exterior color combination; too bland!

4 hours ago, deac said:

I don't really care for the exterior color combination; too bland!

And actually, the paint scheme isn't correct.

The roof would be the only contrast possible

in 1958.  The side panel is always body colored.

Otherwise, the car looks very nice.