Copart Salvage Auction: 1920 Stutz Model H 7-Passenger Sport Phaeton - Ends 9-16-2024. 10 AM - North Orlando, FL - Not Mine

Copart Salvage Auction: 1920 Stutz Model H 7-Passenger Sport Phaeton - Ends 9-16-2024. 10 AM - North Orlando, FL

Online Car Auctions | Repairable & Used Cars - Copart

Lot Number: 69443544
VIN: 7201
Title Code: VA - CERT OF TITLE - SALVAGE 
Odometer:36,150 mi (EXEMPT)
Primary Damage: NORMAL WEAR
Secondary Damage: UNDERCARRIAGE
Estimated Retail Value: $150,000.00 USD
Color: RED
Has Engine? Yes
Transmission: MANUAL
Vehicle Type: AUTOMOBILE
Keys: YES
Sale Date: Mon. Sep 16, 2024, 10:00 AM EDT

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1920 Stutz Model H 7-Passenger Sport Phaeton

Notes:
STUTZ CONV

'21 Stutz fL a.jpg

'21 Stutz fL b.jpg

'21 Stutz fL c.jpg

'21 Stutz fL d.jpg

'21 Stutz fL e.jpg

'21 Stutz fL f.jpg

'21 Stutz fL g.jpg

'21 Stutz fL h.jpg

'21 Stutz fL i.jpg

'21 Stutz fL j.jpg

'21 Stutz fL k.jpg

'21 Stutz fL m.jpg

'21 Stutz fL l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Condensed text (see edit history)
  • Like 6

It seems to me this car had a recent thread. But no damage at that time. It looks like the rear axle and wheels are from a different car. I wonder what is going on ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Never thought about going to Copart and searching Stutz.

Xander:

I just use the Vehicle Finder, All Vehicles, set the years to 1900 to 1980 and let it bring up whatever is currently listed.  It's a bit laborious to go through the pages but searching individual makes unless one does them all including the obscure like Stutz will miss some good ones.  Fortunately, their auctions don't change really fast, so an occasional search is enough.  Auctionzip.com can find some interesting cars too but it's a clunky site, search doesn't work well at all.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wish I had a picture under rear of car as it is a transaxle car, not sure what you could adapt and still drive it, but rest assured the description describes damage as normal wear!

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing. Stutz transaxles are known to be a weak link. Possibly the Stutz unit has been removed to allow repair.  Perhaps a Model A rear end has been temporarily fitted so the car can be rolled around.

• Like 1

I remember about fifty years ago, seeing a 1920ish Stutz four or five passenger "touring car" for lack of proper Stutz nomenclature. It was for sale at the time, and basically the same problem. The car was largely solid original with an old bad repaint, and some axle clamped under the back end because the transmission had been blown. I never heard the details, exactly what or how bad, or even whether any of the missing parts were available with the car. Although the indication was that there was no transmission. 

I often recall cars I saw many years ago, and wonder what ever became of them. I saw it at a "show and sale" of collector cars, and never saw or heard of it again. I hope someone was able to get the car and find the parts it needed and restored it. 

I hope the same for this car.

• Like 1