For Sale: 1965 Buick Electra 225 4dr Hardtop, 59K Miles - $14,000 - Grand Junction, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Buick Electra 225 4dr Hardtop, 59K Miles - $14,000 - Grand Junction, CO

1965 Buick Electra 225 for sale by owner - Grand Junction, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1965 Buick Electra 225, 59K Original Miles, 401 Nailhead Wildcat 445. Clean & Clear Title. A Must See — Blast from the past. Grand Junction, Colorado
For the very first time this very rare, and exceptionally beautiful ‘65 Buick Electra, with original 59,000 miles is for sale at a low price of $14,000! The car is a very clean, accident-free, rust-free desirable body from the 60s! Famous for its wildcat 401 Nail-head engine this is a numbers matching car, original engine, original transmission, & rear-end. This is a straight up sale with no additional sales taxes or fees.
You can rest assured what you see is what you get! Be confident in my 100% positive feedback, power seller achievement, & eBay ratings/feedback there will be no surprises or let downs. Don’t lose the opportunity to own this beauty of an iconic era in American Automobile history. Without further ado, let’s get into the condition of your next investment.

Running Condition
This car runs and drives absolutely beautifully. The power steering & power brakes make this car a real blast to drive. It’s comfortable just like grandma ‘s living room couch, floating like a boat smoothly down the highway. This icon brakes nicely and steers just as well making this Buick real blast. The motor does not smoke or make any funny noise. The engine is strong with plenty of life. You could not have purchased a bigger and more horsepower engine than this wildcat 401 445 engine. This automobile truly is a part of Buick automotive history.

Body & Paint
The body is super straight in its original color. The car looks like it may have had a respray in the past but looks like it’s been done correctly as a nice and clean job. It does have a few blemishes here and there like some scratches on the passenger side door and driver's door as you will see in the video. You can rest assured there is no major dents, dings or rust anywhere. The doors open and shut effortless reflecting the sunlight shining well and looking good.

Interior
The upholstery of this car is in excellent original condition. The seats were covered in a plastic that the original owner had placed on the car since day one. I recently took them off to show the quality and condition of the seats. The carpet is in superb shape with no staining or rips. There are no signs of any malicious wear or tears on seats or carpet. The door panels as well are in great shape looking great as well as the dashboard with no cracks. The car is even equipped with A/C. All the A/C components are there, the blower motor kicks on and works but needs servicing and a recharge. The original radio still works and the power antenna goes up and down, just like it should. The electric windows function, just like they should. All of the interior lights and gauges work. The headliner is the only downside will need to be replaced by a professional shop.

Glass & Chrome
All the glass panels & in great shape. All of the windows are tinted to compliment the car sleek very well. None of the glass is chipped, cracked or broken. All of the chrome is in superb shape with a very clear high gloss.

Undercarriage & Trunk Compartment
The undercarriage is original, rust-free, & has never been undercoated. The trunk compartment looks great as well with no rust.

I am regularly available anytime of the week to show the vehicle & will be more than happy to answer any serious questions you may have. I respond a lot quicker to phone calls rather than emails and text now that that is all out-of-the-way. 
Copy and paste in your email: 2ed777b113a93ec5bb822fa10300a43d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Buick Electra 225 4dr Hardtop.

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO a.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO b.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO c.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO d.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO e.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO f.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO g.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO h.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO i.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO j.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO k.jpg

'65 Buick Electra 225 CO l.jpg

• Like 5

What a beautiful car!

This car is much better looking than the 1970 we had. I liked that 70 a lot but it can't hold a candle to this cars design. 

The ad sounds like it was written by a used car dealer. 

9 hours ago, Fossil said:

What a beautiful car!

This car is much better looking than the 1970 we had. I liked that 70 a lot but it can't hold a candle to this cars design. 

The ad sounds like it was written by a used car dealer. 

It almost sounds as if AI was writing it. "No signs of malicious wear or tears on seats or carpet..." ???

• Like 2

At a little over $3 per pound it's cheaper than hamburger!  ;)

Beautiful Electra; I can imagine all of the neighbors gawking in envy as they passed by this car in the original owner's driveway.

• Like 1

In the early 90s I inherited my grandfathers '66 225. He had been living in Florida when he passed away. I drove the car to Michigan with no troubles and was pulled over by the Michigan State Police and received a ticket for the tinted windows such as the windows on this car. I know California doesn't favor this dark of a tint also. Sure brings back some fond memories. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This is a pretty nice car but it does have some minor flaws like a stained driver's seat, a missing RH Electra letter, a somewhat discolored center taillight and the stated AC and headliner issues. Definitely a flip and it's currently listed on Ebay as well without a Buy It Now price. However, apparently this seller has a lot of experience at flipping vehicles and judging by some of the rather lofty prices attained on some of his Ebay completed listings he's been quite sucessful at it. So  writing some schmaltzy ads is really paying off, at least for this gentleman.

• Like 1

1965 was a great year for GM. Buick benefited as much as any of its siblings. This is a terrific land yacht! The ad, while extra wordy, has lots of helpful info. I think the price is very tempting, but a personal inspection is still important. Good find!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Nice.  I’ll read the ad later. But - why oh why does it have all those tinted windows?! 

The daily sunshine is relentless in Western Colorado, so it gets very hot.  If this Electra is a car from that area, they only way it would have survived this well is to protect the interior as much as possible from the intense rays.

• Like 2