Thank You Rusty Tinman!! 1973 Chrysler New Yorker is Home!

I want to thank Dave for his great work! 

A few months ago I found my Uncle’s 1973 New Yorker Brougham that he bought new. This was entirely at random and was 600 miles east of where my Great Uncle lives (he is in his 90s). He sold it about 13 years ago.

I am 2500 miles west and trying to coordinate the purchase of the car and the move was interesting! 

I took the advice of many of those on the forum and sought out the services page and found Dave. He updated me at every part of the process and the price was reasonable. It was dropped off on time and picked up early! 

My Great Uncle is happy to see it again, this was the car he had in his formative years. The first picture is my grandpa on the left and my uncle on the right with the car in front of my house in about 1981.

Thank you!!!

IMG_4801.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3562.jpeg

IMG_3561.jpeg

IMG_3564.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3562.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3557.jpeg

Edited by MarkV (see edit history)
  • Like 10

That's a well-traveled New Yorker! Glad you were able to find good transport, and an AACA member doing it is even better.

In Chrysler-world, like a Ninety Eight or Electra for GM, this is the car that said you had arrived.

Interior looks very good to be 51 yrs old. Let t' outside polishing commence!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

That's a well-traveled New Yorker! Glad you were able to find good transport, and an AACA member doing it is even better.

In Chrysler-world, like a Ninety Eight or Electra for GM, this is the car that said you had arrived.

Interior looks very good to be 51 yrs old. Let t' outside polishing commence!

oh yes and my great uncle installed a CB radio with an auto antenna and it came with all of the original paperwork of his. 

he used to drive this to California twice a year and that’s where most of the 65k miles come from! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MarkV said:

oh yes and my great uncle installed a CB radio with an auto antenna and it came with all of the original paperwork of his. 

he used to drive this to California twice a year and that’s where most of the 65k miles come from! 

Darn, I was hoping you were going to say someone put in a cb over the time frame that you were wanting to get rid of....

I remember the story you posted when you found this. Im glad you got it home safely. 

No not taking it out. I’ll be taking more detailed pics this week of the car. But It’s basically original to the car and still functional. In the glovebox are the stations for my family some of whom are not around anymore 

IMG_1482.png

• Like 4

Those look like maybe a short wave radio code call station? A cb was just open talking through a particular channel. But I am glad you are keeping it in place. Neat piece of history for the car.

• Like 2

No, they are CB Radio call signs. At one time it was required to have a license, and use your callsign on the air. The FCC actually listened and gave fines for unlicensed operation. Then all *&% broke loose and the FCC gave up.😞

• Like 5

I was "Red Tide" in the 1970's in my 240Z (It was orange)  The call letters on the license are long forgotten.  The CB Radio was

a great aid in the days of the 55 MPH Speed Limits.   No longer a family friendly item.

• Like 2

Beautiful car! My father bought one almost identical (same colour) in 1973. Many years later I was able to buy it back but by then it was in poor shape and Ontario winter salt had ruined the frame so I had to let it go. It was a really  comfortable land yacht - wish we could have saved it!