50 Buick in the Superbowl

Yes !

I saw it and immediately backed up my Cable to watch it again

No comparison to a solid beautiful Buick and a cheapo import taking $$$ offshore -

but then, I am proudly Pro-American,

and don't give me that crap about foreign companies employing our workers and building cars here -

because the profits don't stay here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

But what the heck is a superbowl?

It is the larger sized bowl between that and the Specialbowl. Of course neither as large as the Roadmasterbowl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Right or wrong, I am with you, Marty.

But what the heck is a superbowl?

Ben

The Super Bowl is the bowl where I put my car money!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

It is the larger sized bowl between that and the Specialbowl. Of course neither as large as the Roadmasterbowl.

So, the CenturyBowl left us for a while, but came back in the mid-1950s?

... and would the Century Bowl be the smaller size, but somehow have greater cubic capacity?

4 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

... and would the Century Bowl be the smaller size, but somehow have greater cubic capacity?

You are right, but we neglected to talk about the Special Bowl, because it was the smallest, and then the Super Bowl because it was greater, even with the same cubic capacity, then the Century Bowl which was the greatest with the biggest power to weight ratio, and then the Roadmaster Bowl with the same cubic capacity.  Rarely mentioned is the Limited Bowl, because it the master of all.   I am lucky to have the first three.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

I didn't mention the Century bowl because that is usually where the spam is kept. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Those Chevy guys used to have them.

image.jpeg.bf3807771600e134c70335b67639e868.jpeg

Kalli-Forn-ya Low and Slow while Vaping ?

Century-Limited (sounds like a cross-country train?) Special-SuperBowl, not mastering the road. 

Edited by Marty Roth
additional note (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

I didn't mention the Century bowl because that is usually where the spam is kept. 😄

Spam? 
Ground up left-overs (entrails?) they couldn't dispose of otherwise?

Dad's exposure to Spam was 1943-1945 in the Solomon Islands, Fiji, Bougainville, Vella Lavella, Bataan, Corregidor, etc.

Returning home, he wouldn't allow it in the house, and turned green if anyone mentioned it.

Sure wouldn't want a bowl of it, "Super", or otherwise, no matter how "Special", even if canned in the current "Century".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 6:22 AM, Marty Roth said:

Yes !

I saw it and immediately backed up my Cable to watch it again

No comparison to a solid beautiful Buick and a cheapo import taking $$$ offshore -

but then, I am proudly Pro-American,

and don't give me that crap about foreign companies employing our workers and building cars here -

because the profits don't stay here!

Nobody forcing you to buy a VW, but you cannot deny that VW has a big following in the US and the bug and the bus made an impact decades back. Each his own. It is just a wonderful advertisement loaded with emotions. By the way, do we Europeans like that Apple, Microsoft, Google etc. don't pay any taxes here while making billions? Of course not. Can I change it, nope. We can just move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/14/2024 at 7:45 PM, Marty Roth said:

Kalli-Forn-ya Low and Slow while Vaping ?

Nope! 

Cheech And Chong "Up In Smoke" movie. The car was a blue Impala in the movie. This modeler got the color wrong, or I am remembering wrong!😉 Only been 42 years since I saw it on TV.😁 Long before the current vaping products. And back then I only owned three Corvairs..... Always wanted an early Beetle, but never found a low rust one around here for my price. I did a lot of mechanic work on friend's Beetles. Easy Peasy back then. $200 exchange for an engine!

• Like 1