For Sale: 1955 Cadillac Series 62 4dr Sedan - $21,000 - Monroe, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1955 Cadillac Series 62 4dr Sedan - $21,000 - Monroe, WA

1955 Cadillac for sale by owner - Monroe, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Beautiful 1955 Cadillac 4door sedan. Completely restored interior. New tires, front and rear springs, shocks, fuel pump, generator, fuel tank and rebuilt carburetor. An elegant and lovely old classic. $21,000.00 OBO.
Contact: Brent Tuckfield (206) 9-fourteen-seventeen-fourteen
Copy and paste in your email: 44ba6adb0cb8303181f7eb353a75f279@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1955 Cadillac Series 62 4dr Sedan.

'55 Cadillac WA a.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA b.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA c.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA d.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA e.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA f.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA g.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA h.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA i.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA j.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA k.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA l.jpg

'55 Cadillac WA m.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Corrected location to Monroe, WA from OR. (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Just what are you supposed to do with a boat like this? You aren't going to take the grandkids and the dog for ice cream; not to the hardware store for a pound of nails or can of paint. Not to work and leave it in the parking lot all day, or even in a public garage in the city - might not even fit around the tight ramps much less in a regular parking space. On the freeway with rock chips, bugs, and crazy drivers? I would hope not. This is a potential trailer queen, a show piece with minor detailing, not a driver. If you have $21K for a garage ornament, then go for it!

Otherwise, maybe we can take up a collection, buy this old Cad, and donate it to a worthy museum.

• Like 1

I would enjoy it as I do with my other cars:

Take it to shows, take it on tours, take enjoyable

drives on back roads, maybe with friends.

It's shorter than a 1970's Cadillac and will fit well.

I agree, Dave:  I'd keep it away from cities!

When I first saw the $21,000 asking price, I was

thinking that was too high, but looking through the

pictures, I think it's priced within negotiating range

and will make a nice car for someone.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

Just what are you supposed to do with a boat like this? You aren't going to take the grandkids and the dog for ice cream; not to the hardware store for a pound of nails or can of paint. Not to work and leave it in the parking lot all day, or even in a public garage in the city - might not even fit around the tight ramps much less in a regular parking space. On the freeway with rock chips, bugs, and crazy drivers? I would hope not. This is a potential trailer queen, a show piece with minor detailing, not a driver. If you have $21K for a garage ornament, then go for it!

Otherwise, maybe we can take up a collection, buy this old Cad, and donate it to a worthy museum.

Brutal, but true. The cost to restore the interior is probably half the cost of what the ask is. I like it, but I would not enjoy asking friends to take a ride in this car and worrying about that beautiful upholstery. GLWTS

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kingrudy said:

Brutal, but true. The cost to restore the interior is probably half the cost of what the ask is. I like it, but I would not enjoy asking friends to take a ride in this car and worrying about that beautiful upholstery. GLWTS

This is why I sold one particular Roadmaster I owned.  It was too low mileage and too nice inside and I like to put miles on mine.

• Like 1

Every old car is impractical. However,a car like this is still a capable road car. I had a '57 and later a '56, and they can be driven like a modern car. The reupholstered interior isn't like a preserved original which will deteriorate rapidly with use. This is the kind of car that makes sense to buy, something that is in good shape and you can enjoy right away. A rusty rat's nest is just too much work, and chances are, you'd never complete the resto. I'd prefer a hardtop or a coupe, but even this sedan is a looker. 

Any car that can support a Ford Excursion on it's dashboard, (look at picture #4) has got to be a great car!

Edited by Rivguy (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Cadillac Series 62 4dr Sedan - $21,000 - Monroe, WA - Not Mine
22 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

Just what are you supposed to do with a boat like this

Same thing I do with all my cars. Put it in the garage and just look at it.  
Many boats reside in docks and never go to sea.  

23 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

Just what are you supposed to do with a boat like this?

5 minutes ago, m-mman said:

Same thing I do with all my cars. Put it in the garage and just look at it.  
Many boats reside in docks and never go to sea.  

TOUCHE !

• Haha 1

Beautiful Cadillac and first of all I'd be proud to own it. Secondly I'd maintain it properly and exercise it occasionally. On nice days It would go for ice cream, to the bank, the hardware store, the paint store and especially to Cruise Night. If I wasn't retired I'd drive it to work once in a while but I definitely wouldn't leave it unattended in a parking garage. Around here almost nobody drives their collector cars anymore unless it's Car Show Day and the weather's perfect. I'm probably different than most folks but for me the enjoyment is actually getting all my cars out and using them. I wear out tires and occasionally I have to replace some brake shoes. I clean a lot of bugs off the windshields. I've actually got some frayed cloth windlace on my sedans because I drive around a lot in the summertime  with the driver's window all the way down and I'm resting my left arm is on top of the door. IMO most of the antique cars in the show aren't really show quality anyway but when someone is selling a car most sellers think they'e worth a million dollars. In the past I've owned some cars that I've left the gas get stale, the electrical connections corrode and the brake wheel cylinder pistons turn to white powder. At my age that's not gonna happen anymore. I'm starting to worry that my cars are going to outlive me and well, that's not why I restored or refurbished them in the first place. Spring will be here sooner or later. So what's the weather report for tomorrow anyway?

• Like 2