1947 Buick Super convertible - 60k CAD - Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

I usually don't like yellow, but it looks good on his car. Too bad the seller has unrealistic expectations. You would think after almost a year that he'd figure out his price was too high. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrumBob said:

I usually don't like yellow, but it looks good on his car. Too bad the seller has unrealistic expectations. You would think after almost a year that he'd figure out his price was too high. 

There's a lot of sellers that are hellbent to get what they think is worth while. Lost out on a Galaxie 500 XL recently because of that. You see it with real estate up here as well.

I'm not a Buick guy but I do know that Roadmasters had 4 portholes, not three, and that feature wasn't introduced until 1949. Could be one of this car's problems...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

I'm not a Buick guy but I do know that Roadmasters had 4 portholes, not three, and that feature wasn't introduced until 1949. Could be one of this car's problems...

Apparently Road-masters existed pre '49 (I wouldn't give much grief considering it's facebook marketplace, which is notorious for pre 50's car models), but never seen one with three holes. Weird.

This is not a Roadmaster.  The data plate indicates "56C," which makes it a Super.  (You can also see the "Super" script right under the portholes.)  But the portholes are not correct in any event -- apparently, someone's idea of how to gussy it up a bit.

• Like 3

• theconvertibleguy changed the title to 1947 Buick Super convertible - 60k CAD - Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

That car has LOTS of issues. Wrong interior, wrong engine color, missing all the stainless side trim, plastic window in convertible top, etc., etc....

Here is what a correct one looks like (1948):

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, theconvertibleguy said:

There's a lot of sellers that are hellbent to get what they think is worth while. Lost out on a Galaxie 500 XL recently because of that. You see it with real estate up here as well.

I know. We see it all the time here, and I also see it constantly with used drums and guitars. People who don't understand the market ask ridiculous amounts of money.

Then, there was the guy a couple of weeks ago on FB asking $50K for his unrestored '51 Studebaker Starlight Coupe. I almost fell over laughing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fossil said:

The yellow wheels and dirty white walls don’t go together. About as appealing as the price.

Yeah, it’s missing the rusty trim rings.

But it’s got the surfer gas pedal and Walmart steering wheel cover that almost fits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1