Cadillac? What year?

Reynard

1935 to my eye…..…looks like an V-8, but it’s outside my area of study.

• Like 1

Good catch……..I missed it. Phone screen is too small. I should have zoomed in. 

• Like 1

The black and white photo the OP posted is a 1934 Cadillac V8.

The color photo is a blue 1934 Cadillac V 16. 

The bi plane bumpers were used in 1934 only. 

The body styling for the Cadillac V 16 was the same 1934-1937 except for the 1934 bumper. 

The Cadillac in the OP photo is definitely not a V16. The hood is not long enough and the 16's had different louvers on the side of the hood than this car. The hood is long enough for the V12 and this car is equipped with the winged hubcaps that were used on 12s & 16s of this year, V 8s did not have wings. The front louver should have a chrome "V8" or "V12" emblem but the photo is too blurry to determine on my screen..  It appears to be a V12 Fleetwood Convertible Sedan on 146" WB.  V16's had 154" WB and most of the extra length was forward of the windshield.  Some 8's were installed on the 146 chassis with Fleetwood bodies but V8's were used with the much shorter Fisher bodies on either 128 or 136" WB.  Fisher bodies were shared with Buick, Fleetwood was exclusive to Cadillac. Seeing that the car is chauffer driven, it may be the Imperial version with division window and a pair of front facing jump seats that fold up and tuck behind the front seat with an upholstered flap that zips in place to hide the seats when not in use.  Notice the WWW in the period photo that look good, IMO, with the massive white top.  Look how sleek and well proportioned this body looks on this 146" WB.  Compare to the similar Fisher body in the For Sale section that is scrunched down 10 or 18 inches shorter.  The Fisher versions are ungainly and anemic looking in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:50 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I though the same.  I still/always do for my Wife or other woman if she waits UNTIL my wife is taken care of.

Ben

I used to but now I'm so crippled up she usually has to open doors for me. :(