For Sale: 1936 International-Harvester D2, KB1 Truck, 75K miles - Project - $7,950 - Great Bend, KS - Not Mine

For Sale: 1936 International-Harvester D2, KB1 Truck, 75K miles - Project - $7,950 - Great Bend, KS

1936 international for sale by owner - Great Bend, KS - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Very solid 36 binder. Running driving project. Very complete western KS truck. Located in Great Bend, KS. odometer: 75000
Copy and paste in your email: 825f17b18ffa3a799ec5c5f79be564e6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1936 International-Harvester D2, KB1 Truck, 75K miles - Project.

'36 International KS a.jpg

'36 International KS b.jpg

'36 International KS c.jpg

'36 International KS d.jpg

'36 International KS e.jpg

'36 International KS f.jpg

'36 International KS g.jpg

'36 International KS i.jpg

'36 International KS h.jpg

'36 International KS j.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Fossil said:

What's not to like? Looks like a nice solid driver. 

Yep, I'd try my best to straighten up that grille and leave it alone. It's perfect.   

• Like 5

Considering the asking prices on antique trucks this looks like a very nice solid bargain with real patina and wonderful styling! If it has a Diamond series engine there is excellent parts availability and they are nearly indestructible. An inspection and as needed refresh of the mechanicals, brakes and running gear and enjoy as is.

• Like 3

Usually those old 1930s iron monster pickups by the time the World War was over, and a few more years around the farm, were so beat to the begebies that even thinking about fixing them up was a nightmare! I can't believe how nice this thing is. It makes me wish I could afford it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmTee said:

That's a pretty elegant instrument cluster for a truck!

36InternationalKSg.jpg.3e8b1a2c96b799df3

International was the truck to have.  They aren't fast but built out of tractor parts essentially, with some nice design touches. While ford, GM, etc were still using mechanical guages, IH had sending units for oil and water temp.  Easy to work on too.  My 1951 cab unbolts in 3 sections:  Floor pan, back wall and roof, and firewall.  Makes any rust repair much easier.

These D-series in particular have great lines.  IH even recently had a "throwback" to this design in their heavy trucks.

image.png.1e529ae23350960488be7289531b9aa1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Usually those old 1930s iron monster pickups by the time the World War was over, and a few more years around the farm, were so beat to the begebies that even thinking about fixing them up was a nightmare! I can't believe how nice this thing is. It makes me wish I could afford it.

My Dad always loved to tell the story of the Nichols brothers. Their Dad was a fairly prosperous potato farm up here in northern Aroostook County (God's country). During the war buying a new farm truck was impossible and and after the war it was still an adventure to get one. Old man Nichols was fortunate to receive a K5 1-1/2 ton when production resumed after the war in spite of a long waiting list. He was pretty proud of it. One night his boys had it out and about and rolled it over crushing in the top of the cab. At the local garage the body man said that he could straighten it out but the old Man said no. Pointing to the top of the scuttle he forcefully demanded that they "Cut the SOB off right here" and that is what they did - cut the roof off all round right at the height of the scuttle. As punishment the boys were forced to drive that truck to school everyday that winter. You would see the truck drive by with the boys wrapped in horse blankets and the old man following behind in his Packard to make sure they enjoyed every minute of ride.

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)
  • Haha 4