1929 Cadillac brougham $9,800 (2 cars one is a Phaeton)

2 - 1929 Cadillac's. The red car is an ex-fire chief's car. Very Solid, may run. The second car is a very rare dual-cowl phaeton with drive train but missing many parts. Make one from both or get the sedan running and " hot rod " the phaeton. NO TITLES bill of sale only. Will not respond to " Is it still available ". Can help with local transportation. Will Split.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1301618500530256/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

image.png.659794a1519e6cb0f8075c63abf7bad6.png

image.png.7476f517af2746187f9a6be4be24eb30.png

• Like 1

What do you do when you have a DCP that needs all those parts?

You buy a great sedan and take it apart to save the phaeton. But it's to good to part it out so you struggle with the plan and stall waiting to find the missing windshield etc.

Looks to me like you would do just fine at this price. Surprised they haven't sold yet!

• Like 4

I saw this a few hours after it was listed and thought to myself "a realistic seller".  For the right person, maybe retired and has the skill set to work through things (and prior experience with these year of cadillacs wouldn't hurt), this isn't the dumbest idea I've ever heard.  And let's face it, a pretty fabulous car if you get to the finish line.  A pic of a couple to visualize what the end goal would be....image.png.91f8f297fec6e502c9cf4bf07b99c79b.png

image.png.c2899acbfd266b226798cd28671e444f.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cjmarzoli said:

get the sedan on the road as a "driveable dream"

That ain’t gonna happen for less than $25,000…….

That ain’t a Ford V8 under the hood and you can bet it has the Cadillac pot metal disease.  

I took a 40-50 year parked 1929 and made it operational.  Same paint job from the early-mid sixties. Every time I show it….. “When are you going to paint it?”  

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_3264.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

• Like 4

The engine number and a small fee will get you the invoice, dealer delivered to and original body style.

I have invested in this history report a couple of times for Cadillacs.

These folks are very helpful!   

Vehicle Invoice Team Part of the GM Media Archive
Allied Vaughn | Content Management Services

email:vehicleinvoice@alliedvaughn.com
direct: 734.261.5086 | Fax: 734.524.0537

6 hours ago, K8096 said:

…….and no top mechanism.   Or holes in the rear of the body for the top saddles.   I smell a repro body.   

May not be a repro body but could be newly fabricated door skins. With the correct rollers and skilset they dont look like they would be that hard to put together.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rydersclassics said:

What do you do when you have a DCP that needs all those parts?

You buy a great sedan and take it apart to save the phaeton. But it's to good to part it out so you struggle with the plan and stall waiting to find the missing windshield etc.

Looks to me like you would do just fine at this price. Surprised they haven't sold yet!

Did that exactly with a motorcycle a few years back. Bought it sight unseen (computer auction bid) with plans to turn it into a vintage road racing bike. When we got it realized it was in much better, and original condition that we could have imagined. Also way too rare to chop up, so kept it as it was and moved on to plan b.