1948-1952 F5?

davidwj

I would expect a plate or numbers stamped on the firewall - engine side. I think the engine number is just above the drivers side water pump on that flat.  may tell you something if it's the original engine. 

• Like 1

On my 1942 Ford Cab-Over, the serial number plate was on the left side of the driver's seat, visible when you opened the door. I don't know if that's where it was originally, as it was obviously off the vehicle at one time based on the first photo. I also was told there should be a number on the left chassis rail forward of the steering column, but was never able to find it. The number on the back of the engine matched the number on the serial number plate.

2012-11-09_11-03-18_305.jpg

IMG_8282.JPG

IMG_20200704_112144.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

• Like 3

Again thanks to everyone with the help. After some inspection I decided this one is a bit out of my skillset and am planning on selling. With the information I have listed can anyone share some insight into the rough value of this vehicle?

1 hour ago, davidwj said:

Again thanks to everyone with the help. After some inspection I decided this one is a bit out of my skillset and am planning on selling. With the information I have listed can anyone share some insight into the rough value of this vehicle?

I'd take the 51 Mercury hood ornament off and sell it separately, if it's in decent shape its worth a few bucks on its own - think from about 40 to 75.  As for the truck if you aren't in it too deep I list it around 1500 to 2000.  You don't want to scare people off with a high price but at the same time, you can't go up when selling but you can always go down.   

• Like 1