For Sale: 1956 Imperial 2dr Southampton Hardtop - "Excellent condition, owned for almost 2 decades" - Portland, OR - Not Mine

For sale by Dealer on Consignment: 1956 Imperial 2-door Southampton Hardtop in Portland, OR  -  $35,000  -  Call Pacific Avenue Motors, 905 Pacific Avenue, Tillamook, Oregon 97141  -  Phone: 503 801 8184

Link to 1/25 relist (same, $35,000): https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/ctd/d/portland-1956-imperial-crown/7711289091.html

Seller's Description:

1956 Imperial 2-door Southampton Hardtop

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 18,888
  • paint color: red
  • title status: clean

Here’s one you don’t see everyday, It’s a 1956 Imperial Crown Southampton Coupe Two-Door made by Chrysler. There were only 2,094 Southampton Coupes made in 1956, and very few with this classic color called Regimental Red. The 280hp, 354 cubic inch, Firepower Hemi V8 runs excellent and the super cool 3 speed push-button transmission works as it should. Electric windows all work and there’s an ashtray at almost all seating locations lol, the Cowl hood scoop opens and closes from the lever under the middle dashboard. The top of the rear quarter panel mounted, Floating Gunsight Chrome rear taillights are very rare, and I think a smart car could possibly fit in the trunk. Not the longest car in the world but I measured it at just short of 20’, I’m told it was an expensive car for the rich and famous at around $5,500 when it was new. My client has owned this car for almost 2 decades, we just took it for what he thinks is, probably his last 20 mile drive with it, and he has decided maybe it’s time for the next owner. This car has a Clean Oregon title. I love talking about cars! Calls and Text for Imperial fans and buyers to 503-801-EightyOneEightyFour. Being sold on consignment for $35,000.

image.png.8150d9030d82b5b41b73e241e92f7bfb.png

image.png.c7694e555b1309ce4e288cc6d8aa10c9.png

image.png.b82054efa38fdc97e0122d4355955d30.png

image.png.e80ab543c966cd036cb7adca15efa2df.png

image.png.089d38dad9acc5c93df1797d247a409f.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info & price (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I like it. Not rare, these come up with some frequency, often in some less appealing color combinations. If I was smart(er), I’d go some something like this instead of the earlier cars I am enamored with. 

Was on BAT a couple weeks back. $23K high bid, no sale. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-chrysler-imperial-southampton/

Edited by AdamInNH (see edit history)
  • Thanks 4

Is the gray leather correct?  I suppose so, since the

picture shows a "Best of Show" award from the 

WPC Club in 2006.  They would know.  However, the

cars I've seen have those seat inserts in patterned cloth.

Beautiful car, and thanks for posting it, Fin Seeker!

And thanks, Adam, for posting the revealing Bring-a-Trailer

results.

• Like 2

Stunning auto, hard to put a price on a car that is finished to this level in all areas. I don't see anywhere that there is room for improvement. I'm certain that if you had the time to investigate every inch of this car that you could find something, but this car sure looks sharp to me. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Is the gray leather correct?  I suppose so, since the

picture shows a "Best of Show" award from the 

WPC Club in 2006.  They would know.  However, the

cars I've seen have those seat inserts in patterned cloth.

Beautiful car, and thanks for posting it, Fin Seeker!

And thanks, Adam, for posting the revealing Bring-a-Trailer

results.

The inserts IM002163.JPG.77aad3ff3832d376aedf36085e6940c0.JPGare not correct.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Its just nice to see a Chrysler first gen Hemi with the valve covers painted original "aluminum silver" like the rest of the engine, and the plug wire covers in gloss black. All the way the factory did it originally.
Way too many cars being done with Chrysler 300 gold painted valve covers and then usually with chrome plated wire covers.
  • Like 3