1938 Buick Convertible project - $22,000

I always find it hard to believe they that don't know if the engine is stuck. 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/moro-1938-buick-convertible-project/7691556149.html

CAR IS LOCATED IN MORO OREGON
I bought this car awhile ago out of an estate, thinking I would build a stock-looking street rod out of it, but I have since found a different car I want more. This is a very straight and solid project that was brought to the Northwest from Arizona and is NOT RUSTY. It still has the original chassis that has been re-painted and a restoration started a couple decades ago. All the trim seems to be intact as well as the spare tire covers. The top irons also look to be complete. I have never attempted to start the car or turn it over, it is a total project, but I don't think you could find a better car to start with. also comes with an extra re-chromed grille. I was not the one to dis-assemble the car in the first place, nor am I a Buick expert in any way. It is a 1938 Special Convertible with a rumble seat, and the optional dual side-mount spares. It has the straight 8 engine and a 3 speed manual
 $22,000   Please feel free to call me at 5o3 7o3 2eight7 four but NO TEXTS !!!!!!!!

image.png.98b04636935496cfaa158df40007731f.pngimage.png.d6d164c7d86c015982a7b8d050acddd3.pngimage.png.a6f291b184eca30904d7de1182b9e8ab.pngimage.png.17c1e0d448ecee85ecf2295660991a1a.pngimage.png.929b1695a025143f7b6ad91c5d5bd9ca.pngimage.png.9ce4440e627c6864adc8261ea9e48855.pngimage.png.35a9a64df906fed17afecabdb9ca19be.png

• Like 1

A very pretty car. I'd hate to try to re assemble a car that someone had carelessly taken apart years ago. The learning curve would be very steep, you know that a lot of small parts were probably lost over the years. 

• Like 6

I’m not a fan of these sorts of Facebook sellers. He bought it years ago to restomod it? But has now found something else he wants more?  Yes, that would be a modern new car convertible.  How else can you explain “not knowing if the motor is stuck or not”?  

And now he wants at least double what he likely paid for it.  Meh. 

I like the car. The ad quality and price, not so much. 

This could be a fun project and a great car at the end. I actually like these kinds of unfinished projects. Better than paying for someone else’s shoddy work that might be hiding under shiny paint etc. But only if they are priced right - and by that I mean very low.

There’s a ton of work, there will be missing parts, and you have to assume that everything needs to be done. Even stuff that the seller will claim is already “new” or “rebuilt”.

• Like 2