What can I get a car collector wife for Christmas?

nick8086

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, Matt Harwood said:

I bought this for my wife, Melanie, on her 40th birthday. It still delights her even 10 years later. That's the gift that keeps on giving.

2021-03-2710_25_59.jpg.f7c775d860db8e044fad5c3d0ac03b16.jpg

I once bought my ex-wife a sink disposal for Christmas, thinking it was an awesome gift. I am not her husband anymore.

That's my wife's dream car.If trade my 74mg for one for her If I could.

On long cold winter nights perhaps a jigsaw puzzle might be a good way to pass the time, like this one my 2 granddaughters (now 4 and 7) got me for Christmas. 1000 pieces, about 10 hours of patience, especially popular for the 50's Chevy crowd (although this one has some upgrades)! 

IMG_9090.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

On long cold winter nights perhaps a jigsaw puzzle might be a good way to pass the time, like this one my 2 granddaughters (now 4 and 7) got me for Christmas. 1000 pieces, about 10 hours of patience, especially popular for the 50's Chevy crowd (although this one has some upgrades)! 

IMG_9090.JPG

I like to do puzzles in the winter. Keeps me busy. Mike

• Like 1

When I fist saw this thread, I also thought it said "Where can I get a Car Collector Wife for Christmas"?

Not an easy question after 57 years with the same wife.  But I did run a quick mental check of available widows.

Came up blank and unacceptable.

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2023 at 6:12 AM, trimacar said:

Every time this thread pops up I start to read it as "WHERE can I get a car collector wife for Christmas?"

Luckily, I already have a great one.  One of our first dates, we were riding in the Pierce phaeton, top down, it started raining.  Pulling to the side of the road, I was trying to tell her how to put the top up from the passenger side.  Almost up, the top wouldn't go the last little bit, I pulled down on my side and she yelled.  Seems her fingers were stuck between irons, luckily no damage.  The important part of that story is that she kept dating me!

I have gone back to re-read this more than a few times,

and yes, You are very fortunate, in more ways than one.

Now, a good many years down the road, you are indeed fortunate.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:11 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

When I fist saw this thread, I also thought it said "Where can I get a Car Collector Wife for Christmas"?

I did too! And then read with interest for suggestions . But will still fly solo for now. 🤩

• Haha 1