1969 Chevy Custom C-10

AmyChevy1969

Hey all,

Hoping someone could help me figure out what original fabric options you could get for a 1969 c-10 Custom. It was my grandpa's and my dad doesn't remember if the seats been changed or not. So I'm fixing it up and keeping everything original so I'm trying to figure out if the seats are right or not. They say it's Custom green but doesn't give me much to go on. Please let me know if someone knows. Also, does anyone know if the underside of the trunk is supposed to be body color or black? Mine seems to be black but I've heard either way.

Screenshot_20231016_202704_Gallery.jpg

20220604_150609.jpg

• Like 1

Hey AmyChevy1969,

It looks like the fire wall is a green color. If so than that's probably the original factory color. The underside of the hood and the whole exterior of the body would be that color. The vin tag that is probably in the door jamb will have numbers and letters that can confirm the colors for the body and trims. You can look up vin decoders online that can help with that. SMS fabric in Oregon should have the original seat fabric. They would need the trim number so the can get you the right color. They send out samples of the fabrics. Hope this helps. I'm sure other will chime in and assist too. Welcome to the Forum.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

There are groups on FB that offer a lot of help and advice. I’m on a couple and have been helped out through them. Is the SPID (it’s a big paper label with options listed) still on the inside of the glovebox? 

Exactly. My 68 C20 has my build sheet attached to the inner glove box door and tells me my original specs.

9 hours ago, AmyChevy1969 said:

Hey all,

Hoping someone could help me figure out what original fabric options you could get for a 1969 c-10 Custom.

Can you tell us if the inside of the glove box has a build sheet that looks like this?

If it's still legible, take clear upclose photos and tell us what the code for the interior is then maybe we can help.

image.png.710c78c09e0e8871ea0bf685d7075cd6.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

As 3macboys pointed out, that generation of Chevrolet pickups has fantastic aftermarket parts support. I don't think there's much you can't get for them.

A couple of folks here have these trucks and are well acquainted with them. Yours looks like a nice straight unmolested example- the kind of vehicle all of us wish we could start with.

What little I remember, the underside of these trucks was body color and even then wasn't always painted completely. My guess is it's had some black paint sprayed as rust protection. Or could have been different assembly plants did things differently.

Yeah my grandpa bought it in 69 and then it sat for a while after he passed which was before I was born then my dad finally got it back out and now he says it's mine so I'm fixing it to how it would have looked when he bought it which isn't much just making it look nicer. 

Cloth

So is the one in it that or is it a different one?

Great looking pick/up.

My 1969 Chevrolet C/10 was bought new by my grandfather and left to me when he passed in 1987.

I'll have to get some photos of mine and post them. 

Tim   

• Like 1

Guessing you and the truck are in Southside Virginia then.

Who was the salesman? I knew Hinky Eanes and Jerry Wyatt well as they were only a few years older than me. Bob Tamson brought them on as 19 year olds when he opened in 1966 to get young buyers into the dealership, and Tamson would finance an 18 year old with a steady job when other dealers wouldn't.

I bought a couple used Chevrolets and one new Toyota from Tamson, but I refuse to deal with their successor Woodall for anything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I would think a cloth seat option would be fairly rare.

I have seen a couple, but you're right; they are quite uncommon.  This looks like a truck that would be a pretty easy restoration and very nice when finished.  350/THM is a great powertrain combination. Good power and decent economy.  Air conditioning is also nice to have and not common in trucks of that era.  My father had a '68 C20 and it was worked hard and took a lot of abuse.

• Like 1