The Old White made it to Hershey.

Dandy Dave

6 hours ago, Reynard said:

A sure fire recipe for adulation:

"Do not restore your old truck!"

Not as long as I own it. It is going to stay the way it is. I do notice that most walk past the shiny ones to get over to see this one sit and run. 🙃 I guess anyone can have a shiny one. The new thing is to find an original one still in its working cloths that runs like a White Sewing Machine. 🤠

• Like 8

Dandy Dave was def a hit!  DD, I was standing next to you for about 10 minutes to introduce myself and say hi, couldnt get a minute in edgewise as you were plenty busy talking with people about your truck. Nice display, the engine sounded awesome and thanks for bringing it out. Sorry I didnt get a chance to talk with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My friend and I were in the crowd by the entry gate, and he remarked how wonderful the White ran.  It was misting at the time.  Later we came by, were going to tell you how much we appreciated seeing it there, but you and the White were the celebrity of the hour...we couldn't get close enough to break in.   Thanks for sharing it with us briefly.  

• Like 3

The crowd was like that most all of the day around the old White. Sorry I could not talk and meet all of you. It was pretty much non stop from the time I parked it around 9AM until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. 

• Like 2

An old white guy driving an old White truck..........Dandy Dave.........you are the definition of 'Anti Woke"!

Sorry I missed the show....would have like to seen it in person. I'll stop by next time I visit Mike. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, edinmass said:

An old white guy driving an old White truck..........Dandy Dave.........you are the definition of 'Anti Woke"!

Sorry I missed the show....would have like to seen it in person. I'll stop by next time I visit Mike. 

Yup, I suppose so. I aint saying here what I think of "Woke". My wife had some explaining to do about it a while ago to fill me in. I was looking for you Ed. Sorry you were not around the show field. There was one Duesenberg at the show. I saw the fellow as he was heading to the show field after unloading the car and said to him, "I see the Duesy. But where's Ed Minnie? He can't be far behind?" I just got a half grin from the remark as he drove off. Lot of folks remarked that my old truck drew a larger crowd than just another shiny Duesy lined up with all the other buffed and glistening vehicles. 🤣😂🙃 Anyone can own one of them cars with enough bread. It takes takes talent to get one out of the hedgerow and make it sing like a White sewing Machine. I let it idle for around 5 hours during the height of the show. 😁Everyone is amazed at how it runs and does not overheat. There's a reason the White was $2,400 when a Ford could be had for $295. You give me a heads up anytime your in the neighborhood Ed. 🙂 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 3