Booster Dewey?

Zimm63

Trying to obtain a new master cylinder/booster seal for my 63 dual master upgrade project.

Reached out to Booster Dewey by phone and email, with no response.  Anyone had any recent dealings with them?  Their website is active, so I assume they are still in business.

I tried CARS, but can't figure out their new website.  Didn't see the seal in my printed catalog from some years ago.  

Any good alternate sources?  I like to try and have all parts in hand before starting a job if possible.  

Edited by Zimm63 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

Trying to obtain a new master cylinder/booster seal for my 63 dual master upgrade project.

Reached out to Booster Dewey by phone and email, with no response.  Anyone had any recent dealings with them?  Their website is active, so I assume they are still in business.

I tried CARS, but can't figure out their new website.  Didn't see the seal in my printed catalog from some years ago.  

Any good alternate sources?  I like to try and have all parts in hand before starting a job if possible.  

Of all the early Rivieras, the seal was only used on the '63 Buicks.  But it was used on all the full-size models.

Take the dimensions and see if you can find a big o-ring that will seal it off.  If it's not sealed, you will lose your power boost.

See if the ring in this repair kit is for the master cylinder.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=964522&cc=1319598&pt=1840&jsn=432

Edited by Jim Cannon (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Craig Balzer said:

Correction on the website address and Name

No "S" after Harmon: Harmon Classic Brakes, LLC

AND

Craig, thank you for the eagle eye.

I copied the address from this issue of the Riview. I thought it unusual for person’s name to be Harmons, but I stayed with what I read. I do not want anyone steered in the wrong direction on my account.

Later Gator

23 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

I tried CARS, but can't figure out their new website.

Well, since it remains awful since they revised their website many months ago, I have to believe that it was designed to be terrible.  :unsure:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Well, since it remains awful since they revised their website many months ago, I have to believe that it was designed to be terrible.  :unsure:

If you go to their homepage and scroll towards the bottom there is an icon to open their Riviera catalog. This is what I use instead of their new search function and never have an issue finding parts

Tom Mooney

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Craig, thank you for the eagle eye.

I copied the address from this issue of the Riview. I thought it unusual for person’s name to be Harmons, but I stayed with what I read. I do not want anyone steered in the wrong direction on my account.

Later Gator

Tried Harman. but they don't sell individual parts.  They were not sure if it was included in their master cylinder kit, but likely not from their description.  

Heard from Booster Dewey, who is trying to figure out what I need.  I sent them the picture from TexRiv above to help them along.  

Glad to have the reference for the Dorman kit.  It looks like the seal is in that one.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

If you go to their homepage and scroll towards the bottom there is an icon to open their Riviera catalog. This is what I use instead of their new search function and never have an issue finding parts

That's exactly what I have resorted to.  Ironically, it makes the rest of the 'improved' website totally irrelevant...

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:17 AM, EmTee said:

have to believe that it was designed to be terrible.  :unsure:

Agreed. For the life of me I cannot why Clark’s Corvair won’t can their legacy web page and pricing system and get a new system. Could be more than what Mr Clark wants to spend? Computer system updates can be pricey. I understand things cost money and after all it his business. He can do as he pleases. We can shop where we please. It’s a very simple game.

Later Gator 🐊 

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)

A couple of years ago I needed to redo my master cylinder. In the early 1990s I had an NOS cylinder sleeved planning on it lasting a lifetime. It turned out that cylinder rubber kits were not available. I bought a new offshore manufactured name brand but the machine work was extremely poor. All the rubber parts and piston are now in my old sleeved cylinder. So I  figured $60 for a rebuild kit and tossing the casting was fine. A rebuild kit would have been $40 if available.

Sometimes that is just the most practical way.

• Like 1