2023 Southeast Buick Tour and Buick Gardens Shindig Oct. 25-28 in Georgia

MrEarl

I've had a couple of folks tell me they had not heard of this as they don't frequent the Meets and Tours forum. I would so hate for anyone to miss this great event because of that so am sharing here also. I especially hope all you PreWar folks will try to come to at least the one day event at the Buick Gardens Retro 1930's Buick Sales and Service Garage. There will be opportunities for photo-shoots at the gas pump and I would absolutely love to see the field out front filled with pre war Buicks.  So y'all come! 

Note: I am looking for a 1936, any series, as the feature/display car.

BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME they said. 
I did, so we will see… 

IMG_1473.jpeg.7bff2ea3622094da7c627823b58e1e11.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The VMCCA/AACA GLIDDEN Tour is being held October 21-28, headquartered at Thomasville, Georgia,

180 miles and 3 hours south of Milledgeville-

Unfortunate conflict !

On the other hand, any folks who are able might want to pass on their way by Thomasville, GA either before 8:00 AM each morning, or late afternoon when the Pre-WWII cars will be either at the downtown Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, Baymont, or at the Fairgrounds

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

The VMCCA/AACA GLIDDEN Tour is being held October 21-28, headquartered at Thomasville, Georgia,

180 miles and 3 hours south of Milledgeville-

Unfortunate conflict !

Maybe cut the Glidden tour short one day😊 The owner of this is… 

IMG_1479.png.2843f14b50a4ad93ba28b6ba86bf939b.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I especially hope all you PreWar folks will try to come to at least the one day event at the Buick Gardens Retro 1930's Buick Sales and Service Garage. There will be opportunities for photo-shoots at the gas pump and I would absolutely love to see the field out front filled with pre war Buicks.  So y'all come!

It is 1,000 miles from my house.  I'd love to drive my '38, but late October weather can be tricky...  :unsure:  A pre-war Buick caravan from the northeast to GA would be awesome though!  ;)

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

It is 1,000 miles from my house.  I'd love to drive my '38, but late October weather can be tricky...  :unsure: 

That is a few miles but keep talkin, maybe you'll talk yourself into it. Would love to see that '38 Century out front alongside my '38 Special slant back. October is typically one of if not the driest month in Georgia. This from the National Weather 

Athens - October »
October, like September, in Athens is another warm autumn month, with temperature in the range of an average low of 53.2°F and an average high of 73.4°F. The months with the lowest humidity in Athens, Georgia, are July, October and November, with an average relative humidity of 72%.

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

A pre-war Buick caravan from the northeast to GA would be awesome though!  ;)

Now you're talkin. But let's not stop there, how about one coming from the west. ☺️

• Haha 1

OK PreWar, it's beginning to look like this one opportunity for living out my dream of having the field in front of Buick Sales and Service filled with prewar Buicks just isn't going to happen. Here's the current list of Buicks planning on attending and it is sorely lacking in prewar (only two) and even 50-60's Buicks. Deadline for registration is September 25th so hopefully some of you are still considering and will decide to come. If not, I do understand that many of you are quite some distances away from Georgia, so not very conducive to drive or haul just for a 3 day tour not to mention a one day Buick Sales and Service shindig.

Screenshot2023-08-22180448.png.3685434d071f2210b9dc2a43835c2213.png

• MrEarl changed the title to 2023 Southeast Buick Tour and Buick Gardens Shindig Oct. 25-28 in Georgia

I would like to drive my 1937 Roadmaster Convertible Phaeton there, but I am not sure I can make the scheduled dates work for me. I don't own a tow vehicle or trailer and while I want to go, I am not sure that driving the almost 800 mile round trip is a very smart thing for me to do... but I have not made a final decision yet. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

I would like to drive my 1937 Roadmaster Convertible Phaeton there

ohhhhh that would look sweet parked next to Ashby's '37 Roadmaster Towncar 🤤 I would offer to bring my trailer and bring it down for you but as @38Buick 80C can attest, it wouldn't fit... we tried 😁

• Like 1

Just now, MrEarl said:

ohhhhh that would look sweet parked next to Ashby's '37 Roadmaster Towncar 🤤 I would offer to bring my trailer and bring it down for you but as @38Buick 80C can attest, it wouldn't fit... we tried 😁

The funny thing is I don't remember if we have a photo of those two side by side yet, and I have owned the 80C for almost 3 years and we live within about 20 miles of each other. He needs to drive his Roadmaster to more local club events... I drive mine to just about every one of our local AACA Chapter meetings. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For all you procrastinators, REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL OCTOBER 15th.  
And I’d like to thank all of you who’ve registered so far as well as those who’ve sent notes of regret that due to travel distances etc you won’t make it, we fully understand! 
I am pleasantly surprised to see folks coming all the way from Indiana, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Michigan, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida and Alabama, thanks guys and gals! 
It’s gonna be a fun day and evening. The band has agreed to play on until there’s no one left “standing”😁

Thought I’d mention, there is a really nice car museum about 100 miles northwest of Buick Gardens you might want to visit Saturday or Sunday. It borders the Chattahoochee National Forest and the leaves should be still in fall color. 

Savoy Car Museum in Cartersville

Can we get a show of hands of who’s coming. 😊 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...