For Sale: 1950 Studebaker Commander - "Very good condition, Starts and runs well" - Fresh Meadows, NY - Not Mine - 8/17 Pending - 8/23 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1950 Studebaker Commander 4-door Sedan in Fresh Meadows, Queens, NY  -  $8,900 (reduced from $11,000)  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact informatiion.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/990576312280915/-1950-Studebaker-Commander-"Bullet"

Seller's Description:

1950 Studebaker Commander 4-door Sedan

• Very good condition
  • 2 owners
  • Driven 91,619 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Tan
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

4 door, very good condition. Light green color. Straight 6 cylinder flathead engine. 3 speed manual shift on the column. 6 volt battery. Starts and runs well. Chrome is excellent, no dents, no rust. Beautiful emblems. New rubber around front windshield and rear window. Body panels align well, paint is very good, no dents, no rust, no bubbling. Interior can be redone, or driven as is. Headliner good, carpet good. Clean title from PA.

image.png.0d891b6a5e9600ea00bda34a27c1c756.png

image.png.a0a4f61ffa76e6131d8d45d28af8d9da.png

image.png.4fc2f4454e0893e523fc7a31c25fca24.png

image.png.1a5eab221b18d0d8c4b7ef85b0790887.png

image.png.5870092cb2f8a5ae558998e75aef70be.png

image.png.a5bfeff0edb6bb195497c0cc1070876e.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DrumBob said:

I saw this on FB Marketplace. It's very tempting, as I love Studebakers, obviously.

Are those idiotic "eyelids" over the headlights removable? 

The "eyelids" should be easily removable, but I'm

not an expert.  I'm glad you saw this one, Bob.

It looks like a very good car, priced in your range.

The only detraction I noticed is the bad upholstery

on the back of the rear seat.  The front seat may be

similarly worn, but a seat cover nicely covers it.

• Like 4

Headlight visors were typically held in place with the same screw/bolt which held the stainless headlight retaining rim,

and the same would apply for those pieces which covered the upper half of a sealed beam headlight

• Thanks 1

If it's sorted well mechanically, do a little "clean-up" and looks like plenty of car for the money. Having new window seals is a big plus.

I'm a little leery of title. Doesn't seem to be currently licensed, but you always have to wonder why an owner never titles a car in his own name in his state of residence. Could cause problems a couple sales down the road.

Those big overrider bumper/grille guards always jarred me, especially on 50s Fords. Looks like something that belongs in a fireplace. Get rid of those and the eyelids and car will look much cleaner.

Wheelcovers, meh. Hard to beat the look of the original 1950 Studebaker dogdish caps on these cars. Simple and elegant.

images.jpeg-3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmTee said:

If only this car had a few more aftermarket add-ons I'd be all over it!  ;)

And yet there is but a single back up light. 🤔

• Haha 1

Could those "eyebrows", or shades over the headlights, have been a common dealer installed accessory? How about the dual spotlights as seen on the cars below? Bumper over-riders seem to have been very popular, too, even on the rear bumper.

stude2.jpg.1fcd962fd831fca2ab6031fd7089ea23.jpg

030519-1950-Studebaker-Champion-Regal-Deluxe-1-630x390.jpg

1950 Studebaker | Old Car - Amazing Classic Cars

Pick of the Day: 1950 Studebaker Champion convertible in fine condition

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

The "eyelids" should be easily removable, but I'm

not an expert.  I'm glad you saw this one, Bob.

It looks like a very good car, priced in your range.

The only detraction I noticed is the bad upholstery

on the back of the rear seat.  The front seat may be

similarly worn, but a seat cover nicely covers it.

No Studebaker gets past me, John. Thanks for mentioning it. I just joined the Studebaker Drivers Forum. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EmTee said:

I guess you're right; it could be worse...

image.jpeg.5ef2b68c4e03d9999f3615f1ff02ba3d.jpeg

I really dislike these Girly-Mobiles, I'm sorry to say. There's some woman driving around here with those fake eyelashes on her car. The "eyelids" on the Studebaker reminded me of her. 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Studebaker Commander - "Very good condition, Starts and runs well" - Fresh Meadows, NY - Not Mine - 8/17 Pending
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1950 Studebaker Commander - "Very good condition, Starts and runs well" - Fresh Meadows, NY - Not Mine - 8/17 Pending - 8/23 SOLD!