Let’s play a game, AACA Annual Meeting

1 hour ago, 61polara said:

Things are well in the works for the 2024 Annual Meeting, but until everything is committed we can't say.  Where would you like the 2025 Annual Meeting to be held?

If everything is not committed for the 2024 Annual Meeting it might not have been a good idea to add it to the calendar on page

10 of the May/June 2023 Club Magazine. No exact date just February 2024 and a City & State. Is this a typo?

Charlie

On 5/30/2023 at 9:47 AM, szimmerman said:

In the May/June issue of Antique Automobile magazine, it clearly states... 

February 2024

AACA Annual Convention

Dulles, Virginia - 717-534-1910

A short ride from the airport! And if correct, the museum is fantastic. I will be there in two weeks.

• Like 1

That's pretty much in my back yard. Can we know the actual venue? As one who has had to deal with the congestion and traffic around here for the last 35 years, I'm curious about the exact location. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Joe, it is in Chantilly, VA at the Westfields Marriott....think we are a bit away from the congestion.  We have driven there several times now from Hershey and encountered no issues.

Excellent choice. I had suspected that was the location, as there are few others with similar capacity in that area. Just don't plan to drive anywhere between 7:30 and 9:00 or 3:30 and 6:00 on a workday. 😁

That property is next door to the National Reconnaissance Office, which is surrounded by a jungle of support contractor office buildings. The sensitive nature of that work means that most of those employees have to be on-site as opposed to working remotely. Rt 28 is a major north-south artery and is heavy traffic during those times.

Anyone not familiar with the “new” Smithsonian Institution air museum it’s about ten minutes away from the hotel. Worth the trip has as much as the annual meeting. Also, the new silver line train runs into DC directly, so a few days before or after is a great excuse to see the nation’s capital.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Also, the new silver line train runs into DC directly, so a few days before or after is a great excuse to see the nation’s capital.

Just be aware that there are so many stations on the silver line that it takes far longer than it should to get into DC. Hopefully Metro will have resolved their fiasco with the new 7000 series cars by then. Taking those out of commission has caused a reduction in the number of trains and a longer wait at stations as a result. I still find it preferable to trying to drive into the city.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Anyone not familiar with the “new” Smithsonian Institution air museum it’s about ten minutes away from the hotel. Worth the trip has as much as the annual meeting. Also, the new silver line train runs into DC directly, so a few days before or after is a great excuse to see the nation’s capital.

Ed, shhhhhhh!  You are spoiling the surprise, a visit to the Udvar-Hazy Center plus a free catered lunch or dinner is a part of our plans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK, I spilled the beans………But I didn’t tell anybody that Steve is buying the drinks all weekend! So I guess now they know……….😎

• Haha 1