Better Than Ford Then and Now: 1933 Plymouth Coupe

They are neat.   The PD has nicer proportions with the longer nose.  For anyone serious I may have to part with mine this year in my quest for a 54 Corvette,  if I don't cull something else from the heard first.

I assume besides not running,  the interior must be shot,  as they don't show or make note of it. 

For comparison Here is my turnkey 33 PD.  Very nice rust free/ patch free body as well as a very good original wool interior. 

IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6340.JPG

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fossil said:

That's a gorgeous little coupe. I wish I was in the market! 

Yeah I'm kind of hesitant about selling it.  I might sell my Hudson Pickup instead. The plymouth sure runs nice and just has alot of the charm that an original car has.  never apart with just one very old respray that I really thought was the original paint, until I really examined it. I did all the brakes, dropped the pan,  all the usual stuff to revive an old car so I know it's a really good car.  All this hinges on the lead for the 54 that I have panning out. 

• Like 1

Very interesting question. I'm a big fan of the early products of the Chrysler Corp. Walter Chrysler had a wonderful engineering team and he mostly let them do what they wanted. I'd certainly take a '32 Plymouth over a '32 Model B, but '33 the V8 had most of the bugs fixed and I think they are the prettiest of all Fords. Of course the Plymouth definitely has some features the Fold doesn't (better brakes being high on that list).  

File:1933 Ford Model 18 Deluxe Roadster (28525042046).jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

Yeah I'm kind of hesitant about selling it.  I might sell my Hudson Pickup instead. The plymouth sure runs nice and just has alot of the charm that an original car has.  never apart with just one very old respray that I really thought was the original paint, until I really examined it. I did all the brakes, dropped the pan,  all the usual stuff to revive an old car so I know it's a really good car.  All this hinges on the lead for the 54 that I have panning out. 

Sold my latest Hudson truck, had pretty good interest in it. So there must be demand for them right now.

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That one in the ad is a PC.  The PD's they stretched out the nose which really helped the proportions. 

I'm in Lake George NY.  About an hour North of Albany.  The truck came out of Northern VT and had those nice sideboards on it,  so I left them.  The previous owner's name is on them.  He passed away and the family sold me the truck from a wanted ad looking for a Hudson Pickup I placed on Craigslist. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thehandleman said:

Yes it is, and no one has a clue what it is

Based on experience with my 1933 PD Plymouth, I am pretty sure the usual question from others at the gas station when you are filling the tank will be “what year Ford it that?”

The amazing thing to me is the question is usually asked while they are looking at the Plymouth logo on the spare tire hubcap and/or at the 1933 YOM license plate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2