1936 Oldsmobile F36 rumble seat coupe question

Mrswadener

Im currently in the process of negotiating the purchase of a really nice 1936 Oldsmobile F36 rumble seat coupe.  I am new to Oldsmobiles and was holding somebody can give me an idea of the value of the car.  I would rate the car an 8 over all the car also has 41k original Miles. Thanks in advance 

Edited by Mrswadener (see edit history)

• Mrswadener changed the title to 1936 Oldsmobile F36 rumble seat coupe question

The model and year are fairly rare but understand it’s an Oldsmobile and as an owner of a 32 Oldsmobile, I can tell you that Oldsmobile cars don’t get the love or appreciation of the car world like the other brands do. It doesn’t matter the rarity or the actual quality of the car it seems. I can give you many examples of Oldsmobile firsts in the car industry that many don’t know, many know that choose to ignore, or many argue trying to prove that it wasn’t Oldsmobile first. Having owned my car for a few years now I realize how much I’ve experienced this. Don’t get me wrong, there are those in the car world who do appreciate them, is just not in the numbers of the other brands. To many, it’s just an Oldsmobile. This fact alone will keep its value down. This isn’t just with the early or post war cars either as even the muscle car era cars get the Same treatment. Watch the auctions like Mecums and you’ll see excellent quality restored Olds cutlasses, 442’s, etc., and those cars are often bringing a lot less than Chevelles, Buicks, Mustangs, And the Mopars, but in many cases, we’re originally faster and of better or equal quality in manufacture than those others. Those who love and appreciate Olds are a select, smaller group than the average car group and the value of your car is always based on the market. Our market is much smaller than the other brands.

As the others said, pictures help as they speak thousands of words.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know that this is a different year and body style but value depends on many factors and I agree that rarity isn’t typically the driving factor….it is body style. 

https://www.classic.com/veh/1932-oldsmobile-f-32-convertible-roadster-dcr15351-45P3zdp/

• Thanks 1

Yes it is a '35 in the pic.  Getting back to the OP, they made a little over 3,000 of the sport coupes but there are not many that survived.  As Christech said not a lot of huge love for some of our Oldsmobiles.  My first antique was a F-37 business couple.  Fun car to drive and I wish I had it back!  I would not worry about the wood on the car!  Not much there!  This is a steel bodied car.

Value, without seeing it and knowing how correct, condition, etc. it is (condition #8 I am assuming is our of a 10 point scale) I would guess a pretty large range from a low of $7500 to a high of $15,000 based on my experience.  Take it for what it is worth but I have owned a few of this vintage.  Of course my favorite saying is a car is  worth what one old fool is willing to sell it for and what one old fool is willing to pay for it!  I fit the latter!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you look at the link Stude Light posted, at the bottom is a 36 business coupe that sold but it was fully restored and it brought $28,600. A rumble seat sports coupe would almost always bring more model wise but as Steve mentioned, the overall condition is what plays heavily into the value. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, for what it is worth, personally, I would want to be under 10K or under for the car but 15 would be my ceiling and only because of the rumble seat. It is hard to tell the condition of the chrome, floor, how well the car runs and drives, etc.  Interior needs some work but no idea how you intend on using the car and if you really love it then the $$$ you spend are not the most critical for years of fun.  Rumble seat will allow you to take friends for rides, etc.  I sold a '37 8 cylinder two door sedan in the last few years for 15K but it had fresh pain, great interior and ran, drove very well.  Just an example...if the car was a L-37 I would bump my estimate up. 

• Like 3