1947 Packard Clipper - $55,000 OBO

Looks very nice, I'll let the Packard crew comment on the price. 

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/eagle-1947-packard-clipper/7601350823.html

1947 2-door Custom Super 8 Sedan; Rebuilt engine; Paint and Chrome. Comes with 1951 non-running sedan and many other spare parts. There are only a handful of these beautiful 2 door sedans in existence. This car features Front Cloisonne hubcaps, Front and rear auxiliary bumper guards. Dual spot lights. Amber fog lights. $55,000. Will consider offers.  (208) 890-0696

100r0r_hDmOiyVU2H7_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00P0P_61rLubjsM1u_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00303_dyT4nMSOlFs_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00v0v_5GHpoHZZZk6_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00I0I_7nVfhSDsUXE_06s04Q_600x450.jpg01010_35ZCDnWJdpO_06s04Q_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I'm just positive that I've seen the red pedal pad on the clutch in the past. What do you guys recall?

Red pedal looks like on the brake.

2 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I'm just positive that I've seen the red pedal pad on the clutch in the past. What do you guys recall?

2 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

red clutch pedal denotes Electromatic (Vacuum) clutch

Bryan is right:  The red pedal is for an "Electromatic" clutch.

A black clutch pedal indicates the regular clutch.

I once looked at a 1947 Packard for sale, and consulted with 

an expert, a well reputed Packard mechanic.  He said the

Electromatic clutch is a bit troublesome, and a car without it

would be preferred.

“I once looked at a 1947 Packard for sale, and consulted with an expert, a well reputed Packard mechanic.  He said theElectromatic clutch is a bit troublesome, and a car without it would be preferred.”

You can easily disconnect it and not use it and just drive it like a normal car.  

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

As a comparison, and it’s rare to see two of these come up for sale at the same time, a dealer has what appears to be a primo restored one for $99K, https://classicpromenade.com/for-sale/1947-packard-custom-super-clipper-club-sedan-1/ that was just listed last week. I dunno, maybe a few years back it’d bring near that money, but I think it’ll be there at that price for a while.  

Another has been on Hemmings, advertised for quite some time, as I recall for $80K+.

Eons ago, I had a ‘47 Custom Super five passenger sedan. Was a terrific car. Did a 5K mile tour from Calif thru the Canadian Rockies and back, with nary an issue other than water infiltration into the trunk during a crazy rain storm. 

• Like 1