1954 Desoto, $9000 Babylon, NY......reposted for $11, 400

I love the rich color combination. for 9 grand drive it and love it. But one thing in the description that bugs me is "needs a slight carburetor adjustment". That comment is so ambiguous!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, deac said:

I love the rich color combination. for 9 grand drive it and love it. But one thing in the description that bugs me is "needs a slight carburetor adjustment". That comment is so ambiguous!

Means they can't get it to run right,  so we'll let the next guy figure it out.    But I can say atleast they don't have it priced at a premium like some guys that put that in their ad.  Though I will say,  even looking as good as it does,  with the stained door panels and seems mismatched seat upholstery,  this is top of the market for it. 

Looks good from the "top" but with that water leaking into the car (and no telling how long it has been happening) and no pictures of the underside this car would need to be inspected underneath to make sure that the leak hasn't rotted out the floors or anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

Looks good from the "top" but with that water leaking into the car (and no telling how long it has been happening) and no pictures of the underside this car would need to be inspected underneath to make sure that the leak hasn't rotted out the floors or anything else.

I agree. I wondered about leakage. His general description is short on info and sketchy about the carburetor. That could possibly be an issue. It sounds like he's trying to minimize it.

It's a nice looking car. The interior is well preserved, and I love the color combination. 

Did anyone notice what is parked in front of it in the photos? It looks like an Imperial from the back. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

Carbs on these cars are a very easy rebuild.  Not much to them at all. Good looking car but is on the coast or close to the water judging by the house and the landscaping. I grew up on the water in Blue Point just a little farther east of Babylon. If these cars are outside uncovered all the time you better make sure to look at the trim and chrome pretty close as the salt fog pits that stuff quickly. Salt air rust worms love the underside of these cars 

• JRHaelig changed the title to 1954 Desoto, $9000 Babylon, NY......reposted for $11, 400

The first buyer bought it so he could flip it quick. Either that, or he discovered problems and didn't want to invest any money. He probably paid around $8K for it and now has it listed $3400 higher. I'd say that was a fairly big immediate markup, but may he'll let it go for less.