Klingberg traditional Father's Day show Cancelled for 2023

Steve_Mack_CT

I received an email this week announcing the cancellation of the Father's day weekend Klingberg show here in central CT.  Those familiar with the show may know that is the anchor event (they were doing 3,4 smaller cars & coffee type shows) Klingberg puts on each year as a fundraiser for the school.  Apparently some key staff are retiring, moving on,etc. including Mark Johnson who is really the man responsible for this great event. 

Mark is moving to a semi retirement role at the school and we hope he remains actively involved ib future shows.

Given the scale of this well run event, an informal, mini concours within the large show, transportation logistics for spectators, celebrity involvement, sponsor round up, etc. I can undetstand the decision.  Just hope they are back in 2024, this is a great, prewar focused event.

https://klingbergmotorcarseries.org/

20190921_101406(0).jpg

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Steve, when an opportunity opens up a new challenge is ahead. Mr. Chairman sounds good for you, LOL.

Oh after "volunteering" in a local club a little too much a little too long, I can safely say not now sir! 😯😉😁

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I wanted to go to this event for years, only an hours drive away, but it never happened. Hope some picks this PreWar event in the future. Bob 

Makes two of us, I just never made it happen, always said "I'll make it next year" 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...