1960 Edsel Villager

(2) Marketplace - 1960 Mercury Villager | Facebook

Seller's Description

Obviously, this is a 1960 Edsel Villager 6-Passenger Wagon, not a Mercury Villager. Some day eBay will add “Edsel” to its list of cars. Anyway, this one is going to need floor, rocker, lower quarter, and fender work. The rear corner of the roof on the passenger side will also need attention. I have four replacement doors and a replacement rear window lift gate. I picked up a 352 and bolted it in. It should be gone through. but does turn over by hand. The tranny, torque converter, exhaust pipes, gas tank, antenna, tail light lenses, and missing letters are all in the back.

Replacement trim is also in the back. One item I don't have is a better chrome tail gate piece. I may know where there is one for sale, if you buy the car. The interior is there, but will need to be redone. This one needs to go in order to fund the current project Villager. I've got $7921 in the car as it sits, so that is what I need to get out of it. I am always happy to deliver, if we can work something out. Someone had asked me where this Villager was from, so....

The body came from LeRoy Walker in North Dakota, the chassis and interior came from Nashville, the engine came from Wisconsin, the transmission and driveshaft came from Minnesota, the doors came from Oregon, the lift gate came from New York, and the trim came from Rhode Island, Indiana, Ohio, and North Dakota. Please feel free to ask any other questions. Thanks!

Product photo of 1960 Mercury Villager
Product photo of 1960 Mercury Villager

• Like 4

Wanting to get out of a car for the same money you have into it rarely ever happens.

As has been brought up many times before, rarity doesn't automatically equate with market value.

But it is a very neat car that you will not see many of.

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Unfortunately much of this car is returning to the earth in the form of rust. This would be a major undertaking with no guarantee that you could recoup your investment. Given the low number of production, maybe an Edsel club would take this on.