For Sale: 71 dodge challenger convertible - scam??? - slant 6? - $15,000 (Hamilton, OH or Las Vegas)

Not Mine - not a muscle car - but must be semi-rare ---UPDATE--- was Ohio $13,000 but now LAS VEGAS and higher price $15,000 ---BEWARE and BE SAFE

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/d/hamilton-71-dodge-challenger/7564917075.html

It runs and drives
It has a v6 [<<<slant six I think>>>] in her,
2 owners
Only 1 of 83 produced in that model
It needs a good home.

contact name: austin finnicum

call or text: (864) 551-59 nine four

bf0100g0g_eOHNO8hFvK7z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

bf0200C0C_aA5Q5Na7cO2z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

bf0301616_7lHHFRJvpMxz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

bf0401212_fC5FHW6zzUtz_0CI0jI_1200x900.jpg

Edited by classiclines
additional details (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That falls into the 'why cant someone take a decent picture and clean the car before posting?' category. If that was a one of 83 hemi something it would be a $200k car all day long. I would be just as happy with the 6, and with todays gas prices you can afford to drive it to a show. If that ad is legit, seems like a lot of car for the asking. Looks to be in really good condition. I would bet my .5c that the next time it comes to the light of day it will be sporting a 440 6 pack, and $80k price tag.

• Like 1

They really did build some with the six.  I remember seeing one in the showroom when I was a kid.  Dad bought a baby poop tan 70 with a 318 2 barrel and a 3 speed on the floor.  leather seats too.   No idea how many lower end cars they built, but they were out there.  

Not sure what Dad was thinking when he bought that car, as my brothers and I were 19, 17, and 14.  That poor car was just plain done at 60K miles.  I got to drive it my last semester in High School after Dad had cataract surgery in 74.

Edited by Zimm63 (see edit history)

There is/was a couple that did a full-on OEM restoration of a similar car, I saw it many times at Chryslers at Carlisle and the Mopar Nationals.  Red with a Red interior, very striking.  :)

• Like 1

• classiclines changed the title to For Sale: 71 dodge challenger convertible - scam??? - slant 6? - $15,000 (Hamilton, OH or Las Vegas)