Haunted car stories

Buick35

Not sure if its haunted, but could be. 
I stopped to look at some parts cars a bunch of years back. 
Way off in the distance in the middle of a pasture away from everything else sits a what looks like a cut down mid 50's 2 door. 
So I ask "Whats that"

Turns out to be a real, honest '48 Hudson convertable. 
Instant 'not for sale'

His uncle was murdered in it. 
Guess it is haunted enough to keep it off the road for 40-50 years. 

When my mother died I was in charge of selling her car.

It was a Ford SHO if that matters.

It was way gradmaed up, As she ran into all sorts of stuff before my sister could finally get the keys.

But low milage and super clean inside.

The kid that bought it was ecstatic to own it.

Well, he called me a few days later and was telling me that he was thinking about my mother and her car and happened to be driving by a herd of sheep.

At that moment the glue on the rear-view mirror failed and it fell to the floor.

He asked me if my mom had anything to do with sheep.

She did, a collection of sheep toys and such that was in a display cabinet in her den.

Ironic eh?

So here is a different story. My sister was pretty broken up when mom died. 

On one of her rougher days she sat down on her hearth and lit up a cigarette. (She had never smoked).

At that moment a chunk of the hearth broke off and almost landed on sis' toe.

She never considered smoking again. She truly believes that mom is watching her.

I must be living a good life. Mom has not made contact with me that I know of. But I guess she knows that I never listened to her anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here is a picture of my old 49 coupe that I sold. Very strange and unusual things would happen around this car. I am not making this up. Every time I would go to work on the car. By some act of super natural forces, unknown to me. Money would disappear from my wallet.🤔 this has continued with all most every car I have owned.😳

C2979878-A987-49DD-B0F5-DC4EB40AB546.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Here is a picture of my old 49 coupe that I sold. Very strange and unusual things would happen around this car. I am not making this up. Every time I would go to work on the car. By some act of super natural forces, unknown to me. Money would disappear from my wallet.🤔 this has continued with all most every car I have owned.😳

The old Automotive curse.  Hits us all, collectors or not.  Nothing makes a car run well like knowing you have the money to fix it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Your better half cleans out your wallet every night then talks non stop about how much you spend on old cars to throw you off track. We all have the same problem. 
dave s 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Haunted, possessed or just plain ornery, I don't know.

But I swear mine can tell when I have a little money set aside for something else. They will find a way to take it!

I have two old cars and if I spend a little money on one the other one breaks something just out of spite,I swear it's true.

• Haha 2

That is a good one!

It made me fondly remember the famous vanishing hitchhiker story of Niles Canyon. Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and driving antique automobiles from a young age, I drove through Niles Canyon hundreds of times, often at night. I have met people who claimed to have seen the ghost, and many people that knew someone that had seen it. I can't say that I ever saw that ghost myself. But I may have seen a couple others? It does make one wonder about such things.