1963 Avanti R2 Four Speed

Only car at Hershey this year that really tempted me.   Seller Tom was very affable and happy to discuss the car.  This was not in the Car Corral but in Chocolate North.   I apologize for not side views,  maybe somebody else got it?

The combination of 63 (I prefer the round lights),  R2 supercharged, 4 speed, tracktion lock rear end makes this a fairly rare car.

The car was in very nice original shape,  hog troughs look good  to me,  he offered a jack to get it off the ground but I didn't fell like having to get back up again.   I'm not a huge fan of that color but I thought his price was just too strong.    I don't mind overpaying for a really good car, and this seemed like one, but it felt like worlds record for an unrestored car at $57,500.

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1195 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1196 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

Beautiful car indeed. Def. one of those bucket list cars for myself when I hit the lottery! I agree with you on the price though. This one is the top dog, but for that kind of money I would expect it to be perfect. It is in great condition but I dont think 'patina' adds value to this one.

Just now, TAKerry said:

Beautiful car indeed. Def. one of those bucket list cars for myself when I hit the lottery! I agree with you on the price though. This one is the top dog, but for that kind of money I would expect it to be perfect. It is in great condition but I dont think 'patina' adds value to this one.

I try very hard not to comment on price. I did this case because it really was the only thing keeping me from getting out a fishing rod and finding my wallet.

• Like 2

I love the car. As far as price, it's my impression that these have gone up a lot in the last couple of years. I don't know if that's a result of general high car prices related to supply chain stuff or increased interest in the Avanti.  Like early and mid '60's Rivieras, the Avanti is a car that I kick myself for not buying 6 or 7 years ago (or earlier), when prices seemed more doable for someone like me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I love the car. As far as price, it's my impression that these have gone up a lot in the last couple of years. I don't know if that's a result of general high car prices related to supply chain stuff or increased interest in the Avanti.  Like early and mid '60's Rivieras, the Avanti is a car that I kick myself for not buying 6 or 7 years ago (or earlier), when prices seemed more doable for someone like me.

I agree on the Riviera!  They're right up there and don't seem to be coming down much.

• Like 1

A high scool classmate in our neighborhood had one of these in that exact color.  It was sort of a third car she would use on occasion.  They had it for a long time after kids were all gone, they were collectible at the time, but it was not at all unusual for early 60s cars to be in use at that time.

• Like 1