For Sale: 1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Station Wagon - "Very good condition" - "Highly optioned" - West Branch, IA - Not Mine - 4/7/23 REDUCED - 5/17 New Video - 5/27 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Mercury Voyager 4-door 9-Passenger Station Wagon in West Branch, IA  -  $38,500  -  Call Jan: 31 nine 27 zero 76 five 0  -  No Text

On 10/21/22, Seller reduced price to $33,900

On 2/20/23, Seller relisted and provided phone contact information.  Contact Jan: 31 nine 27 zero 76 five 0. No text.

On 4/7/23, Seller reduced price to $29,000

Link to 2/20 relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/921657565518555/1957-Mercury-Voyager-Station-Wagon

Seller's Description:

1957 Mercury Voyager 4-door 9-Passenger Station Wagon

• Very good condition
  • Driven 103,294 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: White · Interior color: White
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Wagon 368 Turnpike Cruiser Motor 290HP, Mercomatic automatic tranny push button gears. 4 wheel power brakes & power steering. Power front seat. Good tires, hubcaps & factory air cushion suspension. Horn works. Spotlight mirror combo handle needs repair. Was Nevada car, very straight body! Glass is all good! Very classy high optioned wagon in great shape! Electronic wire transfer or cash only. Buyer is responsible for transport. Car is in West Branch Iowa right off of interstate 80. Contact me at [hidden information].

image.png.affb3be58e25f94e444f2d21fdf537f5.png

image.png.5bd810fe8f8b90be6352d4f8a8782b30.png

image.png.923aa4e90db531ecb6f7e88c98c2ce5b.png

image.png.2b0c2ef615d6dffd9ae9b9f16300cc29.png

image.png.8db2d4266370848339e83f203c05462b.png

image.png.0f1f77f03e391a8497ddcd3d0f6d17ee.png

image.png.4f795361e05a53cd7ee4e01403ab1b7b.png

image.png.4de38f69c0d448e4404aa6499e423dfb.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I admit that I'm impressed by the originality of this nicely optioned hardtop wagon.  It's one not commonly seen, and that is a great color combo.  That seems like a pretty optimistic price.  But, if it runs & drives as good as it looks, it seems like some minor attention to a few details are all that's needed to have a pretty great wagon.

One thing's for sure - if you see this thing on the road, you're gonna pay attention to it.  That's one of the wilder looking '50s wagons you're gonna see.  

The idea behind the pricing may be one where someone said throw it on the wall and see if it sticks.

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Dosmo said:

I admit that I'm impressed by the originality of this nicely optioned hardtop wagon.  It's one not commonly seen, and that is a great color combo.  That seems like a pretty optimistic price.  But, if it runs & drives as good as it looks, it seems like some minor attention to a few details are all that's needed to have a pretty great wagon.

One thing's for sure - if you see this thing on the road, you're gonna pay attention to it.  That's one of the wilder looking '50s wagons you're gonna see.  

The idea behind the pricing may be one where someone said throw it on the wall and see if it sticks.

I am wondering why someone performed the crappy black spray job on the underside. It appears newer as in what are they trying to hide. I agree it’s a very distinctive looking car, but at that price I’d want the headliner replaced and I would be spending about an hour under the car poking and prodding.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Station Wagon - "Very good condition" - "Highly optioned" - West Branch, IA - Not Mine - 10/21 Reduced

I'll bet $$$ to replace that.  I'd probably try to determine whether it could be repaired first.  If it's perforated hardboard then maybe the tear could be fixed with strips of cloth/resin and then skim-coat filler, sand and paint the entire headliner.

Not sure what it's made of; it may be fabric.  Even so, still probably $$$...  ;)

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It's so weird that I now see many of the fancy 4 door wagons of the late '50's as some of the coolest cars of that era. Cooler than Nomads or big-finned convertibles (both of which I still think are very cool.) The color of this car is also a big part of its appeal, as is the four door hardtop look.

Let's chip in to buy it and all drive to Disneyland! 😄

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 5:51 AM, Dosmo said:

And here we see evidence of that with a massive price drop. That alone will cause me to not be interested.  Greedy sellers suck in my opinion.  Price it more reasonably, say $22,000 or so, and I have no issues.   

That badly painted undercarriage is an indicator of the quality or lack of, that you are getting.  I know this seller - he is east of Iowa City, on the south side of I80, up on a hill.  He was nice when I met him, but again, he is trying to make $20,000 to $25,000 profit on this car and when questions are asked he will say “I don’t know the answer”.   

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Station Wagon - "Very good condition" - "Highly optioned" - West Branch, IA - Not Mine - 10/21 Reduced - 2/20/23 Still available
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Station Wagon - "Very good condition" - "Highly optioned" - West Branch, IA - Not Mine - 4/7/23 REDUCED

The seller appears to be the same guy who was selling that SUPER cool original '57 DeSoto two door hardtop about a month ago (original light green paint.) It's the same town, and the same storage facility pictured in the background. If I'm right, that guy has some very cool cars. I don't know if he's a collector, dealer, flipper or all of the above. It would be interesting to know how extensive his collection is and what's in it. He seems to be very tuned in to what late '50's cars are all about. Hope he sells this great wagon.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The seller appears to be the same guy who was selling that SUPER cool original '57 DeSoto two door hardtop about a month ago (original light green paint.) It's the same town, and the same storage facility pictured in the background. If I'm right, that guy has some very cool cars. I don't know if he's a collector, dealer, flipper or all of the above. It would be interesting to know how extensive his collection is and what's in it. He seems to be very tuned in to what late '50's cars are all about. Hope he sells this great wagon.

Is this the one? (picture below)

Contact information from the DeSoto ad: Call Jan: 31 nine 27 zero 76 five 0  -  No Text

Contact information from the Mercury ad: Contact Jan: 31 nine 27 zero 76 five 0

Same Seller for both cars!

Good catch, James!

Link to DeSoto thread: https://forums.aaca.org/topic/393992-for-sale-1957-desoto-firesweep-sportsman-2-door-hardtop-rare-car-huge-fins-original-paint-and-stainless-side-trim-runs-great-rides-like-a-dream-west-branch-ia-not-mine-47-reduced/#comment-2514667

image.png.5b56f882063d8fba6222e6627e6754df.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Station Wagon - "Very good condition" - "Highly optioned" - West Branch, IA - Not Mine - 4/7/23 REDUCED - 5/17 New Video
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Mercury Voyager 9 Passenger Station Wagon - "Very good condition" - "Highly optioned" - West Branch, IA - Not Mine - 4/7/23 REDUCED - 5/17 New Video - 5/27 SOLD!