For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere - Two tone - "A nice car one could drive daily" - Bensalem, PA - Not Mine - 5/24/23 Reduced - 5/30 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere 4-door Sedan in Bensalem, PA  -  $15,499  -  From Craigslist ad, call Patrick: 856 981 87 nine five

On 5/24/23, Seller reduced price to $11,500 and relisted on Facebook

Link to relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/585836053643302/-1954-Plymouth-Belvedere

Seller's Description:

1954 Plymouth Belvedere 4-door Sedan

• 3+ owners
  • Driven 81,302 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: Pink

1954 Plymouth Belvedere sedan. It has new paint,re-chromed exterior parts,new tires,complete new interior,carpets,door panels, headliner,inside surround and dash repainted, new has tank,aluminum radiator,new battery,rebuilt carb,new fuel pump,new voltage regulator,rebuilt generator,(6v) all new bulbs,new brakes,wheel cylinders, master cylinder, just rebuilt the transmission,( automatic) wiring redone, new door handles,. Needs antenna,and radio hooked up. A nice car one could drive daily. I replaced parts as I could find them. Needs some more butt very little. Come get it and finish it up!

image.png.18b0aa9425b1710e7fd3d5f34d5fa6b5.png

image.png.988680759ac59f693a0894f84037d3c3.png

image.png.d3b6dfdba9d419add2bb8eae47ebf49b.png

image.png.f93e9567c6bda0bfb25a4222587cc040.png

image.png.a8cf70aa50f6bfbb57168e2fc2f92a5e.png

image.png.12fdda3eb32d4929ef48ebf1caf04bc7.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

This looks like a great opportunity for someone who wants a '54 Plymouth -- a seller who lavished a lot of money and attention on a car where he wasn't going to get it back, and yet has enough understanding of the market to price it with that in mind!  Looking at the list in the ad, it sounds like this car is practically brand new.  (The only thing that's a question mark is the engine.)  From the photos, the quality of the work looks very good.  (Although the seller's approach to photography is a bit strange -- it's as if he couldn't get far enough away from the car to get a photo of showing all of it.)

• Like 5

Fairly nice car in great colors with not quite right upholstery, and an expert could nitpick a few missing, incorrect and broken trim pieces as well as pitted chrome, dinged stainless trim and the hood fit is less than perfect. Shifter is not correct for the car. Sorry if I'm too critical but IMO a six cylinder 1954 Plymouth sedan priced at 15 grand should be a lot closer to perfection. 

• Like 1

A very similar car was for sale in the 2017 Hershey car corral:

---Both cars are from Pennsylvania.

---Same year, make, model, and body style.

---Same unusual color combination.

---Mileage 9000 miles higher 5 years later.

---Different hub caps (could easily have been changed).

---But different pink cloth in the seats.

---Different transmission (manual then, automatic on this current one).

Here are the only two pictures I took in 2017:

2017 Hershey car corral (14).JPG

2017 Hershey car corral (15).JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dosmo said:

What’s up with the VIN door tag?  Extra mounting holes?

09728A76-B1B5-4516-B0B4-8D176818E6AE.png

The MoPar  VIN tags were stamped with the holes intended to be the target for the spot welder.   Of course, on Mondays and Fridays, they missed from time to time.  I've seen such quite often.  No reason for concern, IMHO, on this car.

• Thanks 1

There was also a pink 54 Belvedere 4-door sedan for sale at Spring Carlisle a few years ago (maybe 2019). I can't recall if the top was black or white but it was parked in a prominent spot near the food court at the east end of the grandstand. I don't know if it sold or not and I don't recall the asking price. I'm always on the lookout for these as I owned two pink & white Belvedere sedans years ago, one was a stick and one was a PG. That attractive Santa Rosa Coral color just sets the car apart from all the rest. 

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere - Two tone - "A nice car one could drive daily" - Bensalem, PA - Not Mine - 7/30 Pending
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere - Two tone - "A nice car one could drive daily" - Bensalem, PA - Not Mine
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere - Two tone - "A nice car one could drive daily" - Bensalem, PA - Not Mine - 8/15 Relisted

On 8/15, Seller listed on Craigslist  -  $15,499  -  Call Patrick: 856 981 87 nine five

Link: https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/bensalem-1954-plymouth-belvedere-sedan/7521672112.html

Seller's Description:

This is a beautiful restored 54 sedan,with a 3.8 6 cyl and Auto transmission. More new parts than I can list. New gas tank, radiator (aluminum) voltage regulator, rebuilt generator, carb, fuel pump, battery, points, plugs, belts, hoses, complete interior include head liner and door panels. New door handles, re-chromed parts galore, fresh paint, new white walls, bulbs rewired. No trades, cash only!

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere - Two tone - "A nice car one could drive daily" - Bensalem, PA - Not Mine - 5/24/23 Reduced and relisted

On 5/24/23

Seller reduced price to $11,500 and relisted on Facebook  -  Call Patrick: 856 981 87 nine five  (Phone # from expired Craigslist ad).  Alternatively, contact Seller through Facebook. 

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/585836053643302/-1954-Plymouth-Belvedere

Seller's Description:

1954 Plymouth Belvedere 4-door Sedan

• 3+ owners
  • Driven 81,209 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: Pink

This is a 70 survivor of a bygone era. Big six,auto, 4 DR SEDAN NEW PAINT RECENTLY rebuilt trans, new carb, tires, complete interior, re-chromed all chrome parts. Too many new parts to list. Radiator, gas tank, brakes, master cylinder, and much more. Being a 70 year old, it will need something always. I have endeavored to give continued care . I am older than the car and just cannot keep up with it. Come look! It's really nice.

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)

First time I ever heard someone call a flathead Plymouth a big six. A no sale for 10 months, it's time to get some kind of a radio antenna installed and turn that chrome emblem on the front of the hood right side up. IMO if a car as simple and straightforward as a 54 Plymouth is properly sorted it won't need something always, it will run well for a long time. Needs a bigger price drop, they just aren't high dollar cars. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The 55er said:

First time I ever heard someone call a flathead Plymouth a big six. A no sale for 10 months, it's time to get some kind of a radio antenna installed and turn that chrome emblem on the front of the hood right side up. IMO if a car as simple and straightforward as a 54 Plymouth is properly sorted it won't need something always, it will run well for a long time. Needs a bigger price drop, they just aren't high dollar cars. 

Fussy fussy, and absolutely right.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Maybe if you really really wanted one like that.

Then, maybe more like $6000-7000? If that's the case, the seller is delusional. Or, he's trying to recoup the money he put into it. We know that rarely happens. 

The more I hang around here, the more I realize there are nice old cars to be had for reasonable money if you just look, and stay away from the online Midwest auto brokers asking ridiculous money for ho-hum cars. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DrumBob said:

Then, maybe more like $6000-7000? If that's the case, the seller is delusional. Or, he's trying to recoup the money he put into it. We know that rarely happens. 

The more I hang around here, the more I realize there are nice old cars to be had for reasonable money if you just look, and stay away from the online Midwest auto brokers asking ridiculous money for ho-hum cars. 

Yes closer to $6000 than $7000 to me. It seems nice but as a Chrysler product from that era and a four door in Salmon(read pink) I expect it’s appeal is limited.

I actually like the pink (Santa Rosa Coral), it may even add some value to a rather conservatively styled car. It might also go over well with the ladies. Yellow might be good too but pink would be my first choice. The rest of the colors don't do much for me. I agree with the $6-7K assessment and that's if all the mechanicals are sorted out. 

IMG_1414.JPG

• Like 1

This car makes me happy just looking at it. It conveys positive 1950's vibes to me. I love the colors and interior, I can't speak to the price, though...I know nothing about the values on these. I'm not a huge fan of '54 Plymouths, but I'd rather have this car than a very mediocre V-8 or two door HT car from the 1950's at the same price, and there are a lot of those out there.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Plymouth Belvedere - Two tone - "A nice car one could drive daily" - Bensalem, PA - Not Mine - 5/24/23 Reduced - 5/30 SOLD!