For Sale: 1934 Packard Standard Eight 1100 series 4dr Sedan - $35,000 - Winter Haven, FL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1934 Packard Standard Eight 1100 series 4dr Sedan - $35,000 - Winter Haven, FL

1934 Packard - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1934 Packard Standard Eight 1100 series. Older restoration, but still in excellent condition. Runs and drives as it should. Selling for my father. The car is located in Crossville, Tennessee
Please E-Mail me your contact information or with any questions. I will forward them along.
It is highly recommended that the car be seen in person as one's opinion of condition is subjective.
Serious Inquires Only Please. Yes, it's still available. No need to ask.
Copy and paste in your email: 1a8b848cc33a32789fdb50595b4660b3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1934 Packard Standard Eight 1100 series 4dr Sedan.

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL a.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL b.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL c.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL d.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL e.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL f.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL g.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL l.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL m.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL h.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL i.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL j.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL k.jpg

'34 Packard Standard Eight TN-FL n.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, K8096 said:

Should the windshield frame be chrome on this, or were they painted on the bottom rung Standard Eight? 

This 1934 Packard Standard Eight 1100 sedan, owned by a member of our Packard Club region, is an all-original car.

Angelica, NY 8 -'19 c.JPG

27 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Nice car, just remember a standard eight is not the car a super eight is….and the price should reflect that…

David what is your opinion on the price on this one?  Spot on, high?

I have looked at these pictures a few times.  My opinion on the color has changed each time I look at it.  seeing it in person might be the only way to decide about the color (love it or hate it).  As for value, it is so hard to do that off pictures.  Cars can look great and run very poorly with lots of money needed to straighten things out, or it might look very pedestrian and be dialed in like a swiss watch (having never owned a swiss watch, I'm implying that is a good thing, those of you who do own one can correct me).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Same money as the black 37 115 coupe discussed here recently.  Looks like a very nice car all around.

Still coupe versus sedan.  Hard to say.  Even in Sedan version these have great styling.  Not nearly as much with a 37 Sedan.  I might still lean to the coupe,  just because I'm more of a Coupe/ convertible guy. 

Even a guy looking for a Packard might not compare the two as most Packard guys aren't just looking for another Packard,  Especially in this price range but a more specific year or style. 

• Like 1

A '37 isn't a '34, regardless of body style. I think this car is priced right. I've sold several '34 1101 sedans and they all live in this neighborhood. A Super 8 would bring quite a bit more--I'm seeing 1934 Super 8 sedans in the $70s pretty regularly. There's not much difference on the road but there's definitely an appeal to the bigger cars that makes them more desirable. If it doesn't have any serious mechanical maladies, this isn't a bad buy--good colors, nice interior, and the rear-mounted spare is an unusual and attractive difference. My gut says it has been sitting for quite a while and the cooling system will need some attention based on the seepage everywhere, but hopefully it's not serious. If you can afford the ask and it doesn't have any serious needs, a '34 Packard is pretty blue chip regardless of which model it is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

David what is your opinion on the price on this one?  Spot on, high?

I think Matt has it right.  I'd say the price on this standard eight is about right, if anything a few thousand high not knowing mechanical condition.

In the old days, the rule was always buy the best body you can, condition wise, and if there are mechanical issues they are easily and cheaply fixed.  Not true anymore, as an engine rebuild on a Packard eight can run 15K-25K unless you REALLY know the right people.

I also agree with Matt on the Super Eight prices.  A Super Eight is much more car than this, and again, pricing reflects that. 

Still, this would be a very nice car for touring if well sorted...one would have to inspect and drive in person.  For example, the rear of the car seems to be sitting low.  Camera angle, or a suspension problem?  Engine looks OK but some signs of corrosion, leaking head gasket, cracked head, the questions are endless without inspection.

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

This 1934 Packard Standard Eight 1100 sedan, owned by a member of our Packard Club region, is an all-original car.

Angelica, NY 8 -'19 c.JPG

The 34 1100 is a great car and small enough to fit in regular garage. This original pictured used to be my car! Other than the whitewalls it appears unchanged. I would love to hear what has happened since I sold it.

ext1.JPG

ext3.JPG

ext17.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1