Speaking of my slant six DD

JACK M

A guy told me the other day that the hood letters on my pickup use the same holes that the "Fargo" letters use.

That interested me, but the only guy on eBay that has them wants over three hundred bucks delivered.

I think it would be fun to have a set of those "FARGO" letters.

Any of my friends up north happen to have a set more reasonably priced? Or might know of a yard that has them?

Don't have to be show quality. As you can see, this (my most favorite daily driver pickup) is no showboat.

2018-07-09 64 D-100 001.JPG

IM005044.JPG

IM005045.JPG

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I've always liked those Dodge pickups. My Grandfather had one this style back in the 60s. I'd like to find a replacement for my '57 Ford big back window shortbed I had in '79-'80.

Thanks, I get lots of thumbs up with this one.

I have three pickups. Yea I know, it's part of the disease.

I drive this one the most. Not in miles, but most trips into town etc.

My newest one a 21 model only has 4000 miles on it and is in the garage, I only use it for towing and it tows nicely.

Three trips to California and a couple of local hauls is all.

My last tow rig only had 140K on it in the 26 years I had it. I probably wont use this one as much.

Jack,

If you manage to find a matching set of FARGO letters you could keep things amusing by periodically switching them around with your DODGE letters:

DREAD

GORGE

RODEO

FADED

DARED

ODDER

DEFOG

Etc. etc.  you get the idea.  And the next time you come visit me you can use GREGO.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Jack,

If you manage to find a matching set of FARGO letters you could keep things amusing by periodically switching them around with your DODGE letters:

DREAD

GORGE

RODEO

FADED

DARED

ODDER

DEFOG

Etc. etc.  you get the idea.  And the next time you come visit me you can use GREGO.  :lol:

He would have to have many different tailgates, too!

PM sent,

I have found that tail gates for these are non existent in any kind of condition.

Not to sure I even want to try and break the bolts loose on my beater.IM005046.JPG.d91c18ac861ea3926241edeb622d80be.JPG

15 hours ago, keiser31 said:

He would have to have many different tailgates, too!

If you look closely at the hood you will see that the G has the posts opposite from the rest of the letters.

I think Greg must have to much time on his hands. LOL

16 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Jack,

DREAD

GORGE

RODEO

FADED

DARED

ODDER

DEFOG

I would think the a "Wanted" ad on KIJIJI would be a good idea. Also, it seems to me that the further west you go in Canada, the more likely you'll be to find pick ups. Honestly, I often find browsing Manitoba and Saskatchewan ads boring sometimes because they are so heavy on trucks and not cars. I often wonder if anything ever gets scrapped up there because its of the distance to scarp yards.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I guess its just a fantasy.

We all have em.

I like to be different, just like everyone else.

It did dawn on me that I have a G and an O. I guess all I need is the FAR.

I did have a response a couple of weeks ago, but not meant to be I guess.

I have a second set of original DODGE letters that I would throw in the deal. They are not mint.

Not to change the subject, but one of us seems to have changed his name to 'Guest'. What's that about. Banned for life?

I always liked those trucks too.

I had a 1962 D100 6 cylinder for years and gave it to my little brother with almost 300k on it. The cab was swapped with a less rusty one that was also not so beat up.

Never had any of the drive train rebuilt.

62 Dodge.JPG

• Thanks 1

The government must have bought thousands of those trucks in every style they made. There's one setting on a lot just down the road from me that's actually in not too bad a shape. It's an old military PU and has had a broom sticking up behind the cab for as long as I can remember seeing it. The old guy that owns it stopped driving it after his wife died. Kind of sad. 

20 hours ago, JACK M said:

I guess its just a fantasy.

We all have em.

I like to be different, just like everyone else.

It did dawn on me that I have a G and an O. I guess all I need is the FAR.

I did have a response a couple of weeks ago, but not meant to be I guess.

I have a second set of original DODGE letters that I would throw in the deal. They are not mint.

Not to change the subject, but one of us seems to have changed his name to 'Guest'. What's that about. Banned for life?

Try and offer to buy just the letters from this guy for a price that may make it worth it for him to ship them to you? Never know, he may be willing to sell just the parts you need, doesn't hurt to ask. Disclaimer, no affiliation with seller and unsure if the post is still live (not familiar how Kijiji works).

1972 Fargo Pickup Hood | Auto Body Parts | Saskatoon | Kijiji

image.png.b04a4685f3dc904c097764854eca166c.png

image.png.f9a620e024a8b1dfe5fd9f637dea91f8.png

As for the lifetime ban, "hall cops gone wild 20.22 version" is enlightening to say the least ;)

It's obvious a ban is a joke because their are ways around it but anything to stroke those egos I suppose...

I'd like to see Steve make it mandatory that they take meditation and yoga classes followed by how to deal with your emotions classes. 

Some of them need medicated, I'm convinced of it. Either medication or work in the real world for a year to bring em down a notch. 
Blanket party shouldn't be out of the question, I'll provide the quilts, we're gonna need quite a few.

Good luck finding the letters, I hope you post an update if you find some.
Cool idea

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)