Did any one see this today..

nick8086

Saw it in yesterday's news feeds. Trying to figure how it happened. Digital pump prices, especially at a convenience store chain, are usually set remotely with a satellite link. Maybe some older systems in stand-alone stores still have to be programmed in-store.

Sad that the merchant took it on the chin because he lost thousands. The merchant doesn't control fuel prices and the gasoline jobber won't have any mercy.

There ARE honest people left in this world. Kudos to the guy who realized something was wrong and let the storekeeper know. I'd like to think I'd have done the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

Saw it in yesterday's news feeds. Trying to figure how it happened. Digital pump prices, especially at a convenience store chain, are usually set remotely with a satellite link. Maybe some older systems in stand-alone stores still have to be programmed in-store.

Maybe a Russian hacker trying to get revenge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nope, don't think I shall click on that click bait!🤬

Reported.

Clickbait post now removed.

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)

Things like this happen fairly often, I once realized in the grocery store checkout lane that the 3.99 brisket I made a trip for rang up at .39. I pointed it out to the cashier, put the beef in my truck, and went back in for a couple more.   Last week an online outdoor store had 223 ammo at nearly half price at the 400 qty only. 400 rounds was way cheaper than 300 and it was up for several hours. They didn’t honor large orders but sent you some at that price.  

Human error happens. Each individual can decide if they take advantage of the deal or go across the street to pay more. 

I had this happen to me about 12 years ago..

I was at my local osco Store. They were going out of business.

Since I had small kids at the time I would buy them  a Hot Wheel..

They were only 6 cents..  I told the clerk it was the wrong price.. She told me the register were managed in MN corporate office..

She could not change the Price.. I picked  a full cart of them..

A local station was getting ready to replace their tanks; I guess the construction workers were showing their impatience as the station dropped the price about 20 or 30 cents in order to clear it out fast. 

There are only 2 stations in that small town; once, both folks went broke at the same time. Even when it meant having the market to themselves, neither could come up with the cash to fill their tanks. 

• 2 weeks later...