1962 Studebaker Hawk Gran Turismo 289 4-speed New Interior & Much More - $13,500 (NE Vancouver WA) not mine

1962 Studebaker Hawk Gran Turismo 289 4-speed New Interior & Much More - $13,500 (NE Vancouver WA)

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/vancouver-1962-studebaker-hawk-gran/7453069252.html

Fantastic and rare 1962 Studebaker Hawk GT, factory-equipped with the desirable 289 4v V8 and Four Speed manual transmission, as well as power steering and power brakes.

Much reconditioning has gone into this classic to make her reliable, and enjoyable. A very straight car, the nice older black repaint has been polished, glass and chrome detailed, and interior upholstery redone.

The car starts reliably, drives straight down the road, and stops predictably. Plenty of power, good clutch, smooth-shifting 4-speed transmission, more.

The fuel system has been purged, the hoses and belts replaced, cooling system serviced, engine tuned, a new Edelbrock 4-barrel carburetor installed, the brakes redone on all four corners, and the electronics serviced such that all gauges work properly. The engine bay has been nicely detailed. The high-end vintage McLean wire wheels are beautiful, with a nice set of four matching whitewall tires. The dual exhaust has been replaced as well.

The interior features a beautiful original white headliner with all associated trim, and the factory Tuxedo black-and-white pleated upholstery redone, nicely. The window regulators have been serviced, doors open and close nicely, glass is good throughout, and more. Just a great-looking classic, ready for her next caretaker.

$13,500.00 cash, clean title in hand. Call Tim at 360-936-9257 to set up an appointment to view, and drive the car,

I MAY consider trades in full or part for other classic and muscle cars, classic American, British, and Import motorcycles, perhaps the right later-model vehicle. Try me if it's a fair offer. I prefer a straight cash deal,

00303_6zKRBZ7FfhAz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00c0c_1Y24JixaN7fz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00909_9JKHUA7WEEJz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00L0L_k3ysy2cMpQ9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00B0B_dzaH5TbeMh2z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

I'm no expert on engines but correct me if I'm wrong; don't Ford engines have the distributors in the front?  289 engines are more compact than this one which is painted in orange (chevy?) Just sayin!!!. 

Maybe just me, but since the rebuilder cheaped out on the carburetor, have to wonder what else is wrong. Trying to make that imitation work correctly throughout the RPM range on that engine is like trying to mount 15 inch tires on 16 inch wheels!

Jon

• Thanks 1

I think that these are very handsome cars. I agree that it would have been better to get the original carb rebuilt, but there are tons of cars running around with new Edelbrocks 

• Like 1